Area A Predictions?

Since I seem to be the resident Area A guy on here...

I fully expect El Paso Coronado and El Paso Americas to advance.  Both have been trading off all year and are very solid, especially for up here in Area A.  

For the 3rd spot?  Lots of bands, but I have my pick down to two.  Odessa Permian got some fresh blood in the show design staff starting last year and it did spades for them design wise of course, but smart writing has really allowed them to blossom performance wise as well with something that is VERY well tailored to their talent levels.  Frenship has advanced every year in either 5A (old 4A) or 6A since I can remember, so they're a favorite.  Haven't seen much of them.  

But my picks are:

El Paso Americas

El Paso Coronado

Odessa Permian 

Alternate - Frenship

Americas advanced due to the long-existing rule where:

- If you are in a competition level that advances to a future level (prelims->finals or area->state)

- If you are not already an advancer

- If you are ranked top-3 (or top-2 for a contest only advancing 2) by at least 2 music judges and 1 marching judge (3 music judges or just "majority" is not enough)

Then you advance in addition to the other advancers.

In addition, in contests advancing two bands, any band that receives a ranking of two or higher from two music judges and one marching judge shall also advance to state. In addition, in contests advancing three or more bands, any band that receives a ranking of three or higher from two music judges and one marching judge shall also advance to state.