4A State/Area Predictions

What I've seen of Argyle is very impressive, they also did very well against their peers North Lamar and Princeton at Golden Triangle.  They're definitely the Marcus of 4A.  

On another note with them, they should totally do BOA at some point, from what I can tell of their enrollment numbers they would be in 1A, and they could do some serious damage in that class just about anywhere in the country.  They have the show designs and performance levels to do it.  

Top 10 at State could be (alpha order):

Argyle

Atlanta

Burnet

Fredericksburg

Grulla

Hidalgo

North Lamar

Princeton

Springtown

Wills Point

This seems like a very legitimate finalist list, and it'll more than likely end up looking something like that. Have you seen any of their shows? I haven't seen all of those bands you mentioned, for example, Springtown, Fredericksburg, or Atlanta. I've seen the rest though. Some bands that could be in the mix are Kennedale (they finished strong in 2014 in 5th place.) I haven't seen their show though so I can't speak on them too much. I'm sure they're doing well. Melissa and Canton making finals wouldn't surprise me either. Melissa has a very smooth and clean sound as always. Beautiful show. They've beat Wills Point and came right behind Canton at competitions this year. Canton sounds very strong and big. As of right now from what I've seen I think that the top tier bands this year so far are Argyle, North Lamar, Burnet, and, surprisingly, Hidalgo. I think Hidalgo will catch a lot of people off guard. I saw them at BOA McAllen and their sound was almost impeccable. Great marching and a fantastically executed performance. I liked everything about that group. Burnet is also very powerful this year. They have some huge moments throughout their show, very pretty music too. I think Area D just got much more interesting with the addition of Fredericksburg. They'll be with the likes of Burnet, Kennedale, Springtown, China Spring, and Robinson just to name a few. Down at Area E I think Hidalgo should be able to win their Area this year. Right behind them comes Port Isabel - always a big threat for that Area. They have lots of great music in their show this year. Kingsville King, Pearsall, Grulla, Rio Hondo look very good this year, too. MY FINALISTS (I will update as we get closer to State, some are based strictly on scores that I've seen from contests.) FINALIST LOCKS: Argyle, Burnet, Hidalgo, North Lamar, Springtown. POTENTIAL FINALISTS: Atlanta, Canton, Fredericksburg, Grulla, Kennedale, Melissa, Port Isabel, Princeton, Wills Point.

What I've seen of Argyle is very impressive, they also did very well against their peers North Lamar and Princeton at Golden Triangle.  They're definitely the Marcus of 4A.  

On another note with them, they should totally do BOA at some point, from what I can tell of their enrollment numbers they would be in 1A, and they could do some serious damage in that class just about anywhere in the country.  They have the show designs and performance levels to do it.  

Agreed.  In 2008 Hidalgo missed GN Semi-Finals by 2 class places (They placed 4th out of I think 13 in their prelims block.....they needed to have placed 2nd to advance in 1A).  Adair County (KY) dominates class 1A though in the same way Marian Catholic dominates 2A.  If Adair were to be scheduled on a different day than Argyle, they could probably pull it off and advance.  Whitesboro  is in a similar position this year.

Adair County is an interesting place to produce such a high quality band.  The school's rural town of Columbia, KY is one of the poorest towns in America.  They have a median per capita income of $15,632/yr, which is basically minimum wage.  This is the polar opposite of Argyle, which is a tiny master planned enclave of 3,000 people where your typical family makes six figures.

My updated list after several of this weekend's contest results:

UPPER BUBBLE: (Locks for Finals & any of these could Medal)

1-2:

Argyle H.S.

North Lamar H.S.

3-4:

Hidalgo H.S.

Melissa H.S.

MIDDLE BUBBLE: (Locks for Finals)

5-8:

Burnet H.S.

Canton H.S.

Kennedale H.S.

Springtown H.S.

LOWER BUBBLE: (Any of these could fill the last two Finals spots)

9-14:

Atlanta H.S.

Fredericksburg H.S.

Grulla H.S.

Port Isabel H.S.

Princeton H.S.

Wills Point H.S.

My updated list after several of this weekend's contest results:

UPPER BUBBLE: (Locks for Finals & any of these could Medal)

1-2:

Argyle H.S.

North Lamar H.S.

3-4:

Hidalgo H.S.

Melissa H.S.

MIDDLE BUBBLE: (Locks for Finals)

5-8:

Burnet H.S.

Canton H.S.

Kennedale H.S.

Springtown H.S.

LOWER BUBBLE: (Any of these could fill the last two Finals spots)

9-14:

Atlanta H.S.

Fredericksburg H.S.

Grulla H.S.

Port Isabel H.S.

Princeton H.S.

Wills Point H.S.

Looks like Area B will only have around 24 bands, which means only 4 advance.

So one of these bands will not advance to the State Contest.

Argyle, Canton, Melissa, Princeton or Wills Point.

Hopefully one more band gets a First Division rating @ Region.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, in a good way. It's the exact same show and hardly watered down at all musically and the drill was definitely inspired by the original. They played and marched the heck out of that show and still managed to make it unique with a slightly different take on the same theme.

Yes, in a good way. It's the exact same show and hardly watered down at all musically and the drill was definitely inspired by the original. They played and marched the heck out of that show and still managed to make it unique with a slightly different take on the same theme.

I enjoyed it, I believe the voiceover was live? In the sense that the girl was there as she said everything?