Area E Predictions?

SFA, Clements, North Shore,Brazoswood, CyFair, CyFalls, JET, Friendswood would be my pick. According to BOA Conroe results 8th place should be Klein Oak, or maybe Clear Brook. Lots of good bands. Clear Brook, Clements, and North Shore had very close scores at Lone Star.  

North Shore and Klein Oak are both in Area F.

Nice job by the bands in Regions 13 and 23 especially Westside, Lamar, and Bellaire from HISD and Hastings and Elsik from Alief ISD.  Congratulations to the kids and directors from those bands!  It is nice to see the hard work paying off for those involved in the band programs in those districts.  (Full disclosure: my wife is a former drum major of Bellaire HS from the late-80s.)

I am also glad to see that 8 bands will be advancing from this Area.  There are 11 bands in this new Area E that made State in either or both 2014 or 2012 so there are high expectations for many of these bands.

My final opinion for the 8 bands to advance are:

1) Austin (State: 2014)

2) Cy-Fair (State: 2014 and 2012)

3) Brazoswood (State: 2012)

4) Taylor

5) Clements (State: 2014 and 2012)

6) Clear Brook (State: 2012)

7) Friendswood (State: 2014)

8) Cy Falls (State: 2014)

Others in contention:

Seven Lakes (State: 2012)

Langham Creek (State: 2012)

Dickinson (State 2014 and 2012)

Jersey Village

Tompkins

It seems that most agree that the bands above are the most likely to advance.  Are there any others that you think could advance?

Saturday will be a long day but it should be a beautiful day for an all-day band competition.  By my estimates, there will be over 8000 kids involved in the band programs represented at the Berry Center (Sorry: Cy-Fair FCU Stadium).  Good luck to all of them and their directors!

If I heard correctly, apparently the first band in prelims performs at 7:30 a.m and the last band in prelims performs at 7 p.m. That's insane! 

I genuinely feel bad for the bands that have to perform so early. The performance time itself is early enough, but the students have to report at their schools hours before. Here's hoping the students make good choices and sleep early. haha

Anyone have the full schedule? I found this performance order online on Cinco Ranch's twitter.

1. Clear Springs

2. Tompkins

3. Dickinson

4. Lamar

5. Stratford

6. Cypress Falls

7. SFA

8. Cypress Ranch

-break-

9. Clear Creek

10. Cinco Ranch

11. Ridge Point

12. Jersey Village

13. Langham Creek

So I was looking thru something and found that Seven Lakes now has a band director that was once at Clark HS in Plano (9th-10th grade only).  He just started there in June of this year.   He did great things at Clark HS when he was there.   I have no knowledge of the  Seven Lakes band program, but I can imagine they will only improve with him there.