Help us Improve TxBands.com

Howdy Students, Fans, Parents, and Directors,

This marching season is far from over (we still have Grand Nats!), but we are looking for ways how we can improve TxBands for next year's marching season. If you've visited the website as a live blog reader, guest, or registered forum member, please help us make our website better as we redesign it in the off season.

We'd love it if you can answer these questions:

1) What is your affiliation with band (parent, student, former student, etc.)?

2) What feature(s) of TxBands do you use the most?

3) What feature(s) would you like to see TxBands.com implement to cater to you better?

4) How would you like to see our website evolve in the new redesign?

5) Any other general comments?

6) Do you promise to tell all your friends about TxBands.com?

Thanks for a great season everyone!

Cheers,

Travis

1) Former Student/Future Teacher

2) Forums/Blogs/Love seeing how wrong I am on predictions

3) Youtube Channel would be great..I like the Twitter

4) I have a few ideas but don't want to take over the post so I think an email would be better to give my ideas.

5) Not at this time...Check back later

6) I always bring the site up to all the people at school

Edited by TxRaider13

1) Former student

2) Live Blog and Predictions. I (obviously) use the forums but I find myself on those two pages more.

3) A youtube channel/media section would be cool (if possible)!

4) Everything is seems nice the way it is; maybe update/remove the txbpress since the page has nothing much on it (DanPodcast leads to a error, and the section itself has one but I'm sure you know that already :P )

5) Thanks for running this site! It was this site that led me to BOA and to find my love for the activity.

6) I have! But none of them follow UIL/BOA as much as I do... :lol:

4) Everything is seems nice the way it is; maybe update/remove the txbpress since the page has nothing much on it (DanPodcast leads to a error, and the section itself has one but I'm sure you know that already :P )

Agreed... the txbpress section is out of date and that tab will most likely be removed for our winter remodel. The blog itself has been replaced with the liveblog, and the podcast, well... no clue why it has an error!

We used to have an audio archive, only we took it down around the time that BOA was having some legal troubles concerning their own content, because we easily could have been a follow-up target. This is why we don't allow BOA audio/video to be posted to the forums because of the unwanted attention it could draw to them.

People can post non-BOA content, but centralizing it all in 1 location makes you a sitting duck for legal snipers. That's why P2P clients like Limewire and Kazaa have been dropping like flies while Bittorrent is able to stick around.