Trumpets!

TRtrumpet

• 3 weeks later...

trumpet:Yamaha Xeno

range:pedal C up to a high E above staff, went up to F once but never ever hit it again.

mouthpiece: 3c, i may want to switch to a mouthpiece with a deeper cup but idk, or get a custom engraved 3c mouthpiece, but my 3c has helped me so much

chair: still in marching season(Made it to state :) ), but frozen at 3rd chair A2 band.

• 3 weeks later...
So whats up to all my trumpets? This is a place where you can just talk about.... trumpet stuff. B)

Trumpet- Silver Yamaha

Mouthpiece- 7C

Range- 3 C's

Chair- 2nd Chair

I like playin the trumpet but im thinkin about learnin the mello. Any one know if the fingering are the same?

win u switch the fingers are the same but their concert F is actually a C on trumpet.

Wuzzup, I go to Dripping Springs.

6th chair, top band

Trumpet: Late 90's bach silver TR300 (the valves SUCK)

Mouthpiece: Marcinkiewicz signature E3/3C

Top note: I can hit up to a D or E above the staff on most days, the highest note I've ever gotten is a G above the staff. Lowest note is a pedal G.

hey man yall have a good past couple of seaons...i go to dawson and wish yall all the luck in the world...i unfortunatley am garduating this year so i will not b able to compete against yall again but i am definatley planning to see yall and dawson compete at state next year.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Trumpet: Yamaha Beginner..... i know. shun me. >.>

Mouthpiece: Bach 7c all around. I'm workin on getting a 3c

Range: lets just say ... double/triple pedal up to, on a good day, a weak high E flat (like, above high c. i'm workin on it)

Chair: 3rd chair, Top band. as a sophmore. I should be 2nd...but my section leader gets seniority and leadership rights....

As for our trumpet line... The top 4 trumpets are pretty good. Our best trumpet player made Orchestra and State as a freshman. He also went to state solo and ensemble for both reasons. and region jazz...he's a beast. (he did all that as a freshman). Ya'll may recognize the name.... Jake Oien. ^.^ (thats not me, but my friend.)

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Yeah, think about how I feel. I'm almost half a year late. Haha.

Trumpet: Yamaha 850GS

Mouthpiece: Yamaha 11B4

Range: Low F# to C above the staff (Highest I've played), G or A above the staff on a good day

Chair: No idea. 7th or 8th-ish?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure I fully understand the Texas preferred sound of trumpets where they are not the deep Italian sound that I was raised playing with but it's amazing on the field.

Old man. Not in school. Not in anything of consequence. I did not play much from 1997-2021. Small stints where I played with guys like Sam Rivers and multiple local brass bands in Seattle and backing on recordings.  

Bb Bach Stradivarius 43 lead pipe 43 star bell. 
C Bach Stradivarius 37 lead pipe star bell

mouthpiece: 1 1/2C 31 bore (I'd play a 3C if I had one that wasn't bent)

range on the Bb:   pedal C - double A (still really thin but I'm still rebuilding my chops using a huge mouthpiece and a massive lead pipe)

chair: N/A

Favorite practice routine: 30 minutes long tones (chromatic low G to High F) , 30 minute Schlossberg slurs

Favorite solo to practice:  Arban's arrangement of the Carnival of Venice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycw3i7xjlxA or Haydn Trumpet Concerto 

Favorite arrangements I've ever played: Anthony "The Boss" Pasquarelli's arr... of Bugler's Holiday (TPT 1 through TPT 3) 

Most fun trio: B. Britten: Fanfare for St. Edmundsbury (unique key and time signatures for each trumpet). Played this on 3 balconies separated by 300 feet each. Always wanted to play and record this in a mountainous area. 

Edited by MikeKyu
added composer name