Trumpets!

TRtrumpet

So whats up to all my trumpets? This is a place where you can just talk about.... trumpet stuff. B)

Trumpet- Silver Yamaha

Mouthpiece- 7C

Range- 3 C's

Chair- 2nd Chair

I like playin the trumpet but im thinkin about learnin the mello. Any one know if the fingering are the same?

the fingerings are the same. i think when you switch to mello you play higher than you think you do so just be aware of that.

All right guys i need some advice, i've gone through a variety of mouthpieces over the years and i need to get a new one. I have been on a Bach 3B for about...goin on 3 years. Its beat up and i just need something new. Any suggestions to other brands would be great so i could look into them. Thanks

Hey there, fellow trumpet :P

Trumpet - Bach Strad(OMG SO RARE)

Mouthpiece - 1C, recently switched from 3C

Range - Pedal Db to High E

Chair - 1st for awhile, 2nd now that I have my braces off, now I can play to a high Bb if I try :(. Ah well, I will get there.

I am thinking about learning to play french horn personally. Will probably be hard as heck, but I have always loved the sound of the french horn.

Chair - 1st for awhile, 2nd now that I have my braces off, now I can play to a high Bb if I try :(. Ah well, I will get there.

I am thinking about learning to play french horn personally. Will probably be hard as heck, but I have always loved the sound of the french horn.

yea I sucked for at least 1 month after I got my braces off. It totaly killed my abilitly to play low notes.

• 4 weeks later...

most frnch horn stuff is the same. watch for the close intervals, and the fingering are mostly the same. and whos from richland that posted here?

trumpet- bach piece of poo

range-depends on the day

mouthpiece-5c

chair-last, waitin for another chair test. kinda didnt turn in my tapes. mighta helped. supposed to be 2nd or 1st. but oh well... :ph34r:

most frnch horn stuff is the same. watch for the close intervals, and the fingering are mostly the same. and whos from richland that posted here?

trumpet- bach piece of poo

range-depends on the day

mouthpiece-5c

chair-last, waitin for another chair test. kinda didnt turn in my tapes. mighta helped. supposed to be 2nd or 1st. but oh well... :ph34r:

dude you're good enough to make 1st or 2nd at bell? if i remember right, you really sucked here and couldnt play much higher than G... you mighta gotten better, but....

• 3 weeks later...
All right guys i need some advice, i've gone through a variety of mouthpieces over the years and i need to get a new one. I have been on a Bach 3B for about...goin on 3 years. Its beat up and i just need something new. Any suggestions to other brands would be great so i could look into them. Thanks

In the long run i would say you need to get a 1 or 1 1/2 C, but i would first recommend playing on a 3C to help with the change

becareful about playing French horn. if you don't have a stong foundation on you trumpet playing then trying to play the french horn can cause problems with your range and sound.

• 3 weeks later...

So yeah... how would you rate your school's trumpet line? I would say ours is... amazing. we have one guy who has made All-State 3 times (Band, Orchastra and Jazz) and another who has made it twice. And antoehr who might make it this year. We took 9 out of 12 chairs for All-City. We're looking forward to all-region and beyond as well...