Danpod

The Danpodcast - November 1st, 2007

You're Danpodcasts seem to be containing a lot more.....malice? in them as of late. When you're talking about these bands it's almost sounding like you're getting ready to kill someone, lol. I enjoyed it though. I realized it's kind of hard to consider the possibility of Dark Horses when this competition's as stacked as it is with all the usual suspects and then some.

Btw, question on the MFA stuff you were talking about (and really anyone can answer this is they know the answer); when they use the term "On-demand" video for the $30/yr MFA members, what does that entail? Does that mean you can stream any band from any of the super-regionals and GN whenever you want? Is it only for finalist bands? I've tried looking for more specific information on the MFA website but they're all like "This is so exciting! You get all this stuff! sign up now to learn what it is!!!!".

I was just wondering what you thought of my band Leander's show?

You guys played the crap out of that Ron Nelson music! I was very impressed with the show as a whole. Congratulations on a great performance!

one more question... (sorry haha)

what did "leander is back" mean on the live blog thingy?

What Sanchez, the guy who typed that in, was talking about was that we were hearing the rich, full sound that Leander made so popular a few years back. The music was also technically proficient and the marching was performed very well. We didn't mean it as a slam, we were just very happy to see you guys performing so well!!

Again, Kudos!!!

What Sanchez, the guy who typed that in, was talking about was that we were hearing the rich, full sound that Leander made so popular a few years back. The music was also technically proficient and the marching was performed very well. We didn't mean it as a slam, we were just very happy to see you guys performing so well!!

Again, Kudos!!!

awesome!

yeah we were in a bit of a slump haha.

kind of ironic we were good this year because almost half our marchers were freshman. haha. They really stepped up.

you guys are amazing and I really value what yall have to say.

My directors always me what the buzz about us is on txbands and i'm always glad to relay all the great stuff being said.

awesome!

yeah we were in a bit of a slump haha.

kind of ironic we were good this year because almost half our marchers were freshman. haha. They really stepped up.

you guys are amazing and I really value what yall have to say.

My directors always me what the buzz about us is on txbands and i'm always glad to relay all the great stuff being said.

How nice of you! Thanks for the great performance!

one more question... (sorry haha)

what did "leander is back" mean on the live blog thingy?

Back around 2000, Leander was among the strongest bands in the state with great shows like the Rimsky Korsakov show with Flight of the Bumblebee. Then Cedar Park opened and Leander seemed to go into a bit of a slump. What I meant by saying that is that it is great to see a classicly strong program coming out of a slump and playing such great music so well again. Y'all had one of my favorite musical programs of the weekend.

What's wrong with it? or am I just a bad speller too?

I spelled it Novemeber, with an extra E. Since I have super duper editing abilities, I changed it the second I became aware of it.

......Did I just think out loud?

Back around 2000, Leander was among the strongest bands in the state with great shows like the Rimsky Korsakov show with Flight of the Bumblebee.

Do you think it's a coincidence that Leander was among the strongest bands in the state and a director at Leander from 1996 to 2001 is now the Director of Bands at Marcus?

Do you think it's a coincidence that Leander was among the strongest bands in the state and a director at Leander from 1996 to 2001 is now the Director of Bands at Marcus?

Drinkwater is a great director. No question.