2006 BOA Arlington Finals Review

Xenon

Nice reviews. Thanks for giving us your insights--- oh, and what's up with mic'ing brass solos? I can understand a woodwind or pit solo, but I dunno about brass...

The solo trumpets are mic'd and routed through an effects processor.

At the beginning of the show they are phased for effect, and at the beginning of part 2 it is meant to be a distance/cathedral effect.

The judges got it and commented very favorably on the tapes.

Yeah, I had forgotten that they used effects on the solo. I suppose there's no way around mic'ing there, eh?

On a similar note, what did ya'll thin of the Vocoder that the Woodlands used? I personally liked it; it was a very good imitation of the one originally used in the song- a very trippy effect for sure.

I didn't get a chance to go to the BOA Arlington Regional, but just from your review(even though only finals) it sounds like this was a great competition.

Now I am really anxious to see Marcus' show with the review you left it sounds like their show may be the one to beat later in the season.

Last year at the Birdville contest if I remember right Marcus didn't have their full show on the field, but even what they did have was amazing. Can't wait to see it this Saturday.

Congrats, to all the bands that competed at the Arlington Regional look forward to seeing most of your shows through out the rest of the season, and good luck.