Sign in to follow this  
Amusicman

Profanation from Symphony No. 1 "Jeremiah"

I absolutely LOVE Profanation. I have had the opportunity to play it in high school, as well as college. I never get tired of listening to it. At the Lone Star Preview, when The Woodlands took the field as the exhibition band, I was so excited when I heard their music--talk about a challenge to put on the field.

I absolutely LOVE Profanation. I have had the opportunity to play it in high school, as well as college. I never get tired of listening to it. At the Lone Star Preview, when The Woodlands took the field as the exhibition band, I was so excited when I heard their music--talk about a challenge to put on the field.

How does one march in multimeter? lol

That's crazy.

I'm sure they changed the signature.

How does one march in multimeter? lol

That's crazy.

I'm sure they changed the signature.

Actually, for part of the 5/8 sections, they would make two 5/8 bars into a 5/4 bar, but for others, they marched in multimeter. You just drag the first step (1,2,3) and make the second step a little quicker (4,5).

Also, the woodwinds march in 7/8 at some point in the second movement. It's pretty crazy stuff!