67 replies to this topic

#61 Lemondude617

Lemondude617

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:13 AM

While they didn't go to SA (Which is disappointing because they could have made as big of a ruckus as Pearland did), they did compete in the Cypress Showcase Marching Festival and won above Oak Ridge who made 8th at Houston by 2.5 points. I'd say that they'd be a semis lock and a potential finalist if they improve as much as they did this year

They also placed 3rd at the Katy Marching Festival and 2nd at USBands Spring (Remo...whatever you want to call it)

Proud trombone player and alumnus of the Spartan Band.

Seven Lakes 2015 ~ What Lies Beneath

Seven Lakes 2016 ~ The Art of Music

Seven Lakes 2017 ~ The Shining

Seven Lakes 2018 ~ DYEVergent

#62 bandtingz

bandtingz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, Texas

Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:06 PM

For a while this has been a rumor, but today it was confirmed that CP will not be heading to Grand Nats this year. The directors feel that there are a lot of changes to be made to the program, and they likely don't want to test out those new changes in Indy in 2020. This has happened before; when the band first attended in 2010, they were aiming for every four years, but opted out in 2014 for 2016. Although this may sound as a disappointment, there were far more good news and bad news that came with this decision. Please do not count out CP next year. We are destined for great things, I can feel it! As I've said before, this is going to be a whole new Cedar Park. The staff has hired a new design team, specifically with a new program coordinator and drill designer! The goal of CP is to be a fresh, new, modern band that executes like Cedar Park always does. I'm so excited for the 2020 season! Good luck to Team Texas at Grand Nats!

Cedar Park Band

2019: Icarus: After The Fall

#63 MikeKyu

MikeKyu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:21 AM

Yep. CP is taking charting a course along a new direction. Next season will be interesting to see the beginning of the new collaboration team. Watching them develop trust and relationships with a high performing band should be incredibly interesting.

#64 LHSbandDad

LHSbandDad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationLeander, TX

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:46 AM

POPULAR

While I completely understand, I must admit, I was sad to see that there won't be two LISD schools in Indy again.  Going with CP in 2016 and Vandy in 2019 was a treat for us and I am sure Vista will miss you guys there next year.  Can't wait to see what next year looks like for you guys.  I just hope your signature lines and spacing do not go away.  That has always been my favorite part.  I love how you guys can expand and shrink a group of kids while maintaining the diagonal spacing.  I have never seen another band who does it as well as CP (other than Texas A&M) but I mean at the High School level.

#65 Samuel Culper

Samuel Culper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:23 PM

For a while this has been a rumor, but today it was confirmed that CP will not be heading to Grand Nats this year. The directors feel that there are a lot of changes to be made to the program, and they likely don't want to test out those new changes in Indy in 2020. This has happened before; when the band first attended in 2010, they were aiming for every four years, but opted out in 2014 for 2016. Although this may sound as a disappointment, there were far more good news and bad news that came with this decision. Please do not count out CP next year. We are destined for great things, I can feel it! As I've said before, this is going to be a whole new Cedar Park. The staff has hired a new design team, specifically with a new program coordinator and drill designer! The goal of CP is to be a fresh, new, modern band that executes like Cedar Park always does. I'm so excited for the 2020 season! Good luck to Team Texas at Grand Nats!

😕

#66 Aquaflamma85

Aquaflamma85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:38 PM

I know this might be a little crazy but what if LISD sends Rouse or Glenn to Grand Nats? Like mentioned they do like to send 2 schools to Indy and i'm not sure about Rouse but the staff at Glenn have talked about making a trip to GNats sometime in the first 10 years of the school opening. Im not sure if they would want to make it this quickly but its always a possibility. And it would be a great learning experience for the kids.

#67 principalagent

principalagent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:56 PM

I would imagine the Rouse team wants a couple more years to cook and that the Glenn team wants to get some BOA hardware before they make the trip.

#68 lost

lost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 09:48 PM

I could see rouse Maybe making the trip to st louis but not grand nationals at least not right now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users