84 replies to this topic

#41 lost

lost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:18 PM

That claim could hold to be true. Weiss did attend St Louis two years after it was founded a Grand Nationals trip doesn’t seem to be out of the question for them.

#42 natertater21000

natertater21000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:36 PM

I feel like with both reagan and Vista attending Texas has a strong chance at claiming two titles in a row. When was the last time that happened? Has it ever happened?

#43 An Inspirational Pinecone

An Inspirational Pinecone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:38 PM

I feel like with both reagan and Vista attending Texas has a strong chance at claiming two titles in a row. When was the last time that happened? Has it ever happened?

Texas has never won two consecutive titles

#44 SpartanMarcher

SpartanMarcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationPorter HS

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:58 PM

The closest together Texas has won was 4 years between Westfield and Bell

#45 Lemondude617

Lemondude617

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:04 AM

Would love to see some Houston representation at Nats! 2020 is TWHS off/state year obviously but the talks about Pearland going excites me.

Would love to see Spring go back or maybe even North Shore. Clear Brook would be a sight to see considering their uprising this year. Maybe the other CISD bands like College Park and Oak Ridge but that'll be highly unlikely considering it's 6A state year next year.

So maybe some 5A bands such as SFA and Friendswood (tell me if I'm wrong about class, I'm just going with my brain here and it can be wrong)

Anyways, y'all get it. I want some more Houston representation

Katy ISD, you hear this? Tompkins? Seven Lakes? JORDAN? (I’m pressuring this school even though it doesn’t exist yet). I’m itching for a breakout year from one of these groups really really soon. Come on!!!!!

I’m all seriousness, Houston seems to be cooking some real potential for new Grand Nats appearances throughout these past few years. The most obvious example is Pearland; I really hope that these guys can cement themselves as a “2nd best” Houston group; or better yet, hang right there with TWHS. That is, until a Katy ISD group catches up to them. 😁 Also, SFA’s making a great case too with an excellent St Louis showing and strong Regional results elsewhere. Clear Brook, Oak Ridge, Cy Fair, Brazoswood?? These guys are just itching to break through the Houston bloodbath. I can’t wait until they finally do.

I think as I continue to follow the activity, I’ll be anticipating BOA Houston just as much as BOA SA or BOA GN not only because it’s the scene I’ve been immersed in since HS, but also because of extreme volatility and talent within the programs there (like a mini SA). Hope we can see this volatility make its way to GN soon (one can argue that it’s already here as of 2019); it will be so entertaining.

Proud trombone player and alumnus of the Spartan Band.

Seven Lakes 2015 ~ What Lies Beneath

Seven Lakes 2016 ~ The Art of Music

Seven Lakes 2017 ~ The Shining

Seven Lakes 2018 ~ DYEVergent

#46 ATXBandNerd

ATXBandNerd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:37 AM

6A state scheduling may allow for 6A bands to go to grand nats in 2020!

#47 Mash

Mash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 03:46 AM

6A state scheduling may allow for 6A bands to go to grand nats in 2020!

Vista Ridge is 6A and is going to grand nats in 2020 for example.

#48 josephbandfan

josephbandfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationKeller, Tx

Posted 20 November 2019 - 04:41 PM

I want Keller to go so bad, but I can understand why they wont be. I also hear that KISD will be building indoor facilities for each of the high schools which is exciting. Maybe they will be done by the time Keller goes to GN again.

#49 natertater21000

natertater21000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:02 PM

POPULAR

Call me crazy but if vandegrift can put together and perform a grand nationals winning show then I think Vista is just as capable. They seem to have a slower start than most but end up passing notable competition by San Antonio.

This is no knock at vandy, I just think almost as highly of vista right now as I do them. Vista could be one of the few Texas bands to win visual in finals of GN. Their no shakos+emotional expression in performance gives them incredibly high and well deserved individual visual scores. Plus, we all know those students can play with the best of them.

Every year is different but I wouldn't be shocked to see another LISD band in the medals at nats.

#50 dylan123

dylan123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:37 PM

Bridgeland is going in 2020

#51 LostChoirGuy

LostChoirGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationProvo, Utah

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:43 PM

Bridgeland is going in 2020

Is this confirmed!?

#52 lost

lost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:31 AM

Bridgeland is going to Grand Nationals? That is very unexpected

#53 Cityscapes

Cityscapes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:57 AM

Will definetely be in semis

#54 dylan123

dylan123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:12 AM

Is this confirmed!?

Yes sir.

#55 Lemondude617

Lemondude617

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:34 PM

Yes sir.

Where is the announcement? Are you affiliated with the program? I see no reason not to believe it but I haven’t found anything confirming it yet.

#56 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:45 PM

Where is the announcement? Are you affiliated with the program? I see no reason not to believe it but I haven’t found anything confirming it yet.

ha ha, this made me laugh.  Such skepticism!  :lol:  I've heard the rumors as well, so I'm guessing it's true.  I guess we will find out for sure in the not too distant future.

Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

#57 Lemondude617

Lemondude617

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:33 PM

ha ha, this made me laugh. Such skepticism! :lol: I've heard the rumors as well, so I'm guessing it's true. I guess we will find out for sure in the not too distant future.

I just want to remove all doubt, lol. I ABSOLUTEY want it to be true but I’ll remain dubious until I see something concrete from them (twitter etc). Cypress Falls has historically been liberal with out of state competitions so it would make more sense for these guys to follow suit considering that they have Falls’ former director.

#58 ChristopherRoden

ChristopherRoden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:31 AM

I’d heard rumors of this as well so hope to see it become reality!

#59 banddad84

banddad84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • LocationCanyon Lake TX

Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:51 AM

I’d heard rumors of this as well so hope to see it become reality!

That surprises me - I know very little about that program but looking at past results - they finished 23rd in Houston in 2018 and 17th in 2019 - but did not attend BOA SA. seems strange that they would just jump to GNats without attending the SR in their home state.

not being critical - and if it is true then I wish them luck - that just seems like a big jump for a program to make

#60 An Inspirational Pinecone

An Inspirational Pinecone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:59 AM

That surprises me - I know very little about that program but looking at past results - they finished 23rd in Houston in 2018 and 17th in 2019 - but did not attend BOA SA. seems strange that they would just jump to GNats without attending the SR in their home state.

not being critical - and if it is true then I wish them luck - that just seems like a big jump for a program to make

While they didn't go to SA (Which is disappointing because they could have made as big of a ruckus as Pearland did), they did compete in the Cypress Showcase Marching Festival and won above Oak Ridge who made 8th at Houston by 2.5 points. I'd say that they'd be a semis lock and a potential finalist if they improve as much as they did this year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users