2020 Boa Grand Nationals

Where is the announcement? Are you affiliated with the program? I see no reason not to believe it but I haven’t found anything confirming it yet.

ha ha, this made me laugh.  Such skepticism!  :lol:  I've heard the rumors as well, so I'm guessing it's true.  I guess we will find out for sure in the not too distant future.

ha ha, this made me laugh. Such skepticism! :lol: I've heard the rumors as well, so I'm guessing it's true. I guess we will find out for sure in the not too distant future.

I just want to remove all doubt, lol. I ABSOLUTEY want it to be true but I’ll remain dubious until I see something concrete from them (twitter etc). Cypress Falls has historically been liberal with out of state competitions so it would make more sense for these guys to follow suit considering that they have Falls’ former director.

I’d heard rumors of this as well so hope to see it become reality!

That surprises me - I know very little about that program but looking at past results - they finished 23rd in Houston in 2018 and 17th in 2019 - but did not attend BOA SA. seems strange that they would just jump to GNats without attending the SR in their home state.

not being critical - and if it is true then I wish them luck - that just seems like a big jump for a program to make

That surprises me - I know very little about that program but looking at past results - they finished 23rd in Houston in 2018 and 17th in 2019 - but did not attend BOA SA. seems strange that they would just jump to GNats without attending the SR in their home state.

not being critical - and if it is true then I wish them luck - that just seems like a big jump for a program to make

While they didn't go to SA (Which is disappointing because they could have made as big of a ruckus as Pearland did), they did compete in the Cypress Showcase Marching Festival and won above Oak Ridge who made 8th at Houston by 2.5 points. I'd say that they'd be a semis lock and a potential finalist if they improve as much as they did this year

While they didn't go to SA (Which is disappointing because they could have made as big of a ruckus as Pearland did), they did compete in the Cypress Showcase Marching Festival and won above Oak Ridge who made 8th at Houston by 2.5 points. I'd say that they'd be a semis lock and a potential finalist if they improve as much as they did this year

They also placed 3rd at the Katy Marching Festival and 2nd at USBands Spring (Remo...whatever you want to call it)

For a while this has been a rumor, but today it was confirmed that CP will not be heading to Grand Nats this year. The directors feel that there are a lot of changes to be made to the program, and they likely don't want to test out those new changes in Indy in 2020. This has happened before; when the band first attended in 2010, they were aiming for every four years, but opted out in 2014 for 2016. Although this may sound as a disappointment, there were far more good news and bad news that came with this decision. Please do not count out CP next year. We are destined for great things, I can feel it! As I've said before, this is going to be a whole new Cedar Park. The staff has hired a new design team, specifically with a new program coordinator and drill designer! The goal of CP is to be a fresh, new, modern band that executes like Cedar Park always does. I'm so excited for the 2020 season! Good luck to Team Texas at Grand Nats!

For a while this has been a rumor, but today it was confirmed that CP will not be heading to Grand Nats this year. The directors feel that there are a lot of changes to be made to the program, and they likely don't want to test out those new changes in Indy in 2020. This has happened before; when the band first attended in 2010, they were aiming for every four years, but opted out in 2014 for 2016. Although this may sound as a disappointment, there were far more good news and bad news that came with this decision. Please do not count out CP next year. We are destined for great things, I can feel it! As I've said before, this is going to be a whole new Cedar Park. The staff has hired a new design team, specifically with a new program coordinator and drill designer! The goal of CP is to be a fresh, new, modern band that executes like Cedar Park always does. I'm so excited for the 2020 season! Good luck to Team Texas at Grand Nats!

I know this might be a little crazy but what if LISD sends Rouse or Glenn to Grand Nats? Like mentioned they do like to send 2 schools to Indy and i'm not sure about Rouse but the staff at Glenn have talked about making a trip to GNats sometime in the first 10 years of the school opening. Im not sure if they would want to make it this quickly but its always a possibility. And it would be a great learning experience for the kids.

I know this might be a little crazy but what if LISD sends Rouse or Glenn to Grand Nats? Like mentioned they do like to send 2 schools to Indy and i'm not sure about Rouse but the staff at Glenn have talked about making a trip to GNats sometime in the first 10 years of the school opening. Im not sure if they would want to make it this quickly but its always a possibility. And it would be a great learning experience for the kids.

That would be awesome!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I’m part of the bridgeland band and I can confirm that we are planning on going to grand nationals next year

I am ashamed to say I do not know much about Bridgeland.  Please tell us more about the current status of your band.  BOA class?  UIL class?  Competition history?  What major metro is this in?  Thanks and good luck in 2020!!

I am ashamed to say I do not know much about Bridgeland. Please tell us more about the current status of your band. BOA class? UIL class? Competition history? What major metro is this in? Thanks and good luck in 2020!!

Im not from Bridgeland, nor am I affiliated with them, but I have been watching them compete over the past few years so I may be able to shed some light on the young program. Bridgeland high school opened in 2017, and is a part of Cy-Fair ISD in Northwest Houston. They have had Shawn McAnear (director from Cy-Falls prior to 2017), and have rapidly grown. In 2019 they had a fantastic showing, placing 17th at BOA Houston (robbed of a higher placement imo), but surged late season, winning the Cypress Showcase over bands like Oak Ridge, Cy-Fair, and Clements. It is their late season surge that makes me think their will be much more to their nationals appearance next year than people might imagine.