79 replies to this topic

#61 principalagent

principalagent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:28 AM

Leander will be able to bring a more BOA styled show next year as they are no longer competing in the UIL 6A State contest

I imagine Leander, Cedar Park, and Rouse are all going to skip Area, as if I’m not mistaken, Region 32 was one of the few regions that voted down the proposal. Should be good to see what they all do.

#62 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:47 PM

POPULAR

Leander will be able to bring a more BOA styled show next year as they are no longer competing in the UIL 6A State contest

Next year will be interesting for Leander.  No need to do a UIL friendly show and not looking to go to Grand Nats again.  They can relax a LITTLE bit and just do more of what makes Leander so enjoyable.  :)

Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

#63 bingogooberman

bingogooberman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 10:32 PM

Leander has never struck me as the type of band that changes their style all that much on UIL years anyway, they just put on the coolest Most artistic show they can regardless of the rubric they’re being judged on, which I admire

#64 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:58 AM

Leander has never struck me as the type of band that changes their style all that much on UIL years anyway, they just put on the coolest Most artistic show they can regardless of the rubric they’re being judged on, which I admire

It’s true. They don’t really change their shows much for UIL. This fall was pretty hilarious really when we had to do Region. No electronics. No Brittney singing. No first movement at all due to the length of our whole show. It was pretty amusing and a lot of folks thought we were having some kind of technical issues. Nope. Just UIL issues. :lol:

#65 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 08 December 2019 - 01:01 AM

POPULAR

Ha I love how I say “we” like I’m part of the program. But hey, my heart is ALWAYS on that field with those Leander kiddos so yeah...it’s “we.” ;)

#66 Asaiah

Asaiah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 11:43 PM

People say "we" when they talk about sports teams, and I'm willing to bet most of them were never part of those organizations. Makes sense that folks continue to identify with their bands ("their" band, see I did it too lol) even after they and their kids graduate :)

#67 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:45 AM

People say "we" when they talk about sports teams, and I'm willing to bet most of them were never part of those organizations. Makes sense that folks continue to identify with their bands ("their" band, see I did it too lol) even after they and their kids graduate :)

Yeah that’s true. Leander will probably always feel to me like they are my kids. :)

#68 TWHSParent

TWHSParent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:22 PM

From the Hornrank forums, it appears that Jenks, OK is confirmed for 2020 at SA.

#69 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:41 PM

From the Hornrank forums, it appears that Jenks, OK is confirmed for 2020 at SA.

I'm still not giving up hope that we will one day see Broken Arrow at BOA SA.

#70 principalagent

principalagent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 10:57 PM

POPULAR

I'm still not giving up hope that we will one day see Broken Arrow at BOA SA.

Hahahahahaha.

#71 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:20 AM

Hahahahahaha.

I know. 🙄

#72 LHSax

LHSax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:11 PM

Is there a history here? Is it that far-fetched to think BA would take a shot at the south grand nationals? 

(formerly longhornsax)

#73 principalagent

principalagent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:02 PM

Is there a history here? Is it that far-fetched to think BA would take a shot at the south grand nationals?

BA and Mason have both pulled out of regionals before knowing they were going to face a potential challenge. When was the last time Broken Arrow didn’t medal outside of GN? I’m not convinced the program is up for that risk.

#74 Samuel Culper

Samuel Culper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:20 PM

BA and Mason have both pulled out of regionals before knowing they were going to face a potential challenge. When was the last time Broken Arrow didn’t medal outside of GN? I’m not convinced the program is up for that risk.

I really hope that isn't true.

#75 SpartanMarcher

SpartanMarcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationPorter HS

Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:59 PM

Going even farther, the last time they placed outside of the top 2 at any BOA competition (not counting 2018 Nats) was at Nats in 2009. They haven’t lost a regional or SR since 2007, and I doubt they’re looking to change that

#76 BandJunkies

BandJunkies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:14 PM

What is this based on? Personal observation?

#77 principalagent

principalagent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:39 PM

What is this based on? Personal observation?

It happened in 2012 when Bell traveled up to St Louis (BA originally signed up, then split—deciding not to attend BOA at all until GN) and in 2015 when Carmel signed up for an early Ohio regional (Mason also signed up, then split).

BA seems pretty confident in their ability to take on Tarpon Springs. Not sure they want to take on Texas—especially after Avon couldn’t manage on their last trip.

#78 JeremiahW

JeremiahW

Ranker of Horns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationColumbia, Missouri

Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:56 PM

It happened in 2012 when Bell traveled up to St Louis (BA originally signed up, then split—deciding not to attend BOA at all until GN) and in 2015 when Carmel signed up for an early Ohio regional (Mason also signed up, then split).

BA seems pretty confident in their ability to take on Tarpon Springs. Not sure they want to take on Texas—especially after Avon couldn’t manage on their last trip.

yee haw!

Jeremiah Wooten
Managing Editor, HornRank.com

#79 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:01 AM

Well not ALL of Texas can beat Broken Arrow that easily and I don’t think they would go down without a fight. Surely they would medal in any regional or Super they signed up for. At least in the last five to ten years? Surely!

No?

#80 SpartanMarcher

SpartanMarcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationPorter HS

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:11 AM

Well not ALL of Texas can beat Broken Arrow that easily and I don’t think they would go down without a fight. Surely they would medal in any regional or Super they signed up for. At least in the last five to ten years? Surely!

No?

I wouldn’t be too sure about Indy in 2018 or the last few SAs. We’re getting real competitive down here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)