Birdville ISD Marching Contest (10/12)

Carroll- from the start props look awesome. Very excited to see this show, I’ve heard a lot of good things. Color guard uniforms are super unique and different and I really dig it. I really love the music selection. Wow very impressive first movement . And that soloist is incredible. Always have a soft spot for rite of spring. Visually also very impressive. And color guard looks so good . Ballad flags are so beautiful. And music as well . Music is very difficult and they executed it the best as the could. Still really loving the performance all the way throughout. I really really enjoyed this show . Great job Carroll

Mustang Oklahoma!!! What fun! Anyone who brings 30 some odd dinosaurs onto the field to interact with the band and massive colorguard has got my attention! That was great!

So proud of Haltom!! Amazing look! Incredible sound! They earned that standing O.

The bands have been wonderful. What a great finals, thus far. Looking forward to the top three now.

Haltom - intro was so unique and different and really got me interested in the show. All I can say is visually this show is sickening and the music throughout is so great. Wow. Colorguard is looking really good and probably the most together that I’ve ever seen them. The ballad was really beautiful and gave me chills . And what can I say the ending is just WOW! Very impressive . Can’t wait to watch them and all the Texas band s in St. Louis next week. Brilliant show with an incredible color scheme , uniforms and theme.

I absolutely loved them. I have high hopes!

10 chisholm trail

9 lewisville

8 carroll

7 aledo

6 mustang

5 burleson centennial

4 colleyville

3 waxahachie

2 coppell

1 flomo

percussion - burleson centennial

guard - flower mound

ge - flower mound

visual - flower mound

music - flower mound

Are Colleyville Heritage, Burleson Centennial, Aledo, and Chisholm Trail all in the same area?

Cause if this contest is any indication, Colleyville and Centennial are gonna be making some noise at Area.

Are Colleyville Heritage, Burleson Centennial, Aledo, and Chisholm Trail all in the same area?

Cause if this contest is any indication, Colleyville and Centennial are gonna be making some noise at Area.

Unsure about Chisholm trail in Area F; however, Colleyville, Aledo, us (Centennial), and Azle (did not make finals in this competition) are the main contenders at our area. I gotta admit, Colleyville has one heck of a show. Didn't think they would get top 5 or any better than us based on area results 2 years ago but clearly I was proved wrong. To be honest I thought the 6A schools would to better! Looking forward to seeing these bands in area finals. Really close at the moment to decide state contenders! On the side not, I'm relieved that Richland isn't present in our 5A area anymore and am not looking forward and not expecting to see Birdville as a state contender based on that expedition showcase!  :lol:

Unsure about Chisholm trail in Area F; however, Colleyville, Aledo, us (Centennial), and Azle (did not make finals in this competition) are the main contenders at our area. I gotta admit, Colleyville has one heck of a show. Didn't think they would get top 5 or any better than us based on area results 2 years ago but clearly I was proved wrong. To be honest I thought the 6A schools would to better! Looking forward to seeing these bands in area finals. Really close at the moment to decide state contenders! On the side not, I'm relieved that Richland isn't present in our 5A area anymore and am not looking forward and not expecting to see Birdville as a state contender based on that expedition showcase! :lol:

I found that CT is area f on the website

Birdvilles exhibition was pretty well, although Centennial did have a great show, they deserved percussion caption. Area F will be interesting

I expected a better performance from a band that made state in my opinion. Honestly I can't wait to see the Area F competition, seeing all these bands competing for the goal of state. Maybe we could get 4 bands sent to state if we get 20 bands to compete in area compared to the 19 bands from 2 years ago.  :angry:

2019 Birdville Marching Festival : Finals Scores

BAND MPI MP2 VP1 VPII GE1 Per CG F-SCORE

200 200 150 150 200 50 50

FM 194 190 108 140. 170 47 48. 897.00

Coppell 189. 188 102. 135 163 48 43. 868.00

Waxahac 183. 181. 97. 131 159 46.5 39. 836.50

Collyvl Heri 172. 148 100 126 152. 46. 42. 786.00

B. Centen 164. 170. 82. 109 149. 49 23 746.00

Mustang 167. 113. 87 117. 156. 40. 45. 725.00

Aledo 166. 135. 85. 115. 137. 45 31. 703.00

Lewisville 131. 120. 80. 93. 130. 44. 22. 620.00

Chishm Trl. 124. 111. 78. 101. 136. 42 21. 613.00

Hello, I'm a drum major from Chisholm Trail. Just a little insight this was our first time making finals at any competition with this sort of lineup. I'm really proud of how far my group has come and making finals was a huge accomplishment. We are in Area F and Area F is hosted at Birdville so 80% of the Area competition was at the contest. The only 2 that wasn't that usually stand out was Granbury and Birdville haha. Area F has definitely though quickly has become a super competitive Area and this year is going to be tough to make state but I'm glad we are finally seeing some of our work is paying off!

We were able to stop by and see a few bands. We thought Chisholm Trail had a great show! Loved how complete it felt. They told a story and it was lovely. I hope they make finals. I'd love to see them again.

Thank you for the really sweet comment! I'm glad you enjoyed our show. This year has really been about embracing being a bird and while it's hard to get everyone on board we're glad the story is coming through. It's basically based off the stages of a bird's life. The beginning is the birth of a bird, the second movement is taking flight, the third (our ballad) is feeding the birds, and our fourth is a storm that comes in, and finally the fifth is leaving the nest. Making finals was very surreal for us and this next 2 weeks we are going to push really hard to be a competitive band in the upcoming Area F contest! 

worth noting from prelims recaps-

Music Performance 2 Judge rankings:

1. Mustang- 192

2. Coppell- 189

3. Waxahachie- 185

4. Flower Mound- 183

5. Lewisville- 176

honestly, there's not too much to glean from one judge at a local contest like this, but these are some pretty remarkable results

what in heaven's name

worth noting from prelims recaps-

Music Performance 2 Judge rankings:

1. Mustang- 192

2. Coppell- 189

3. Waxahachie- 185

4. Flower Mound- 183

5. Lewisville- 176

honestly, there's not too much to glean from one judge at a local contest like this, but these are some pretty remarkable results

For prelims in visual, it went Flower Mound - Colleyville - Waxahachie - Coppell. In finals a lot of things changed (for better or worse)

Hello, I'm a drum major from Chisholm Trail. Just a little insight this was our first time making finals at any competition with this sort of lineup. I'm really proud of how far my group has come and making finals was a huge accomplishment. We are in Area F and Area F is hosted at Birdville so 80% of the Area competition was at the contest. The only 2 that wasn't that usually stand out was Granbury and Birdville haha. Area F has definitely though quickly has become a super competitive Area and this year is going to be tough to make state but I'm glad we are finally seeing some of our work is paying off!

Wasn't able to see your show, but it sounds like you did really well. Hope to see you at finals!!! Thats if we make it.

Congrats to you guys. Great showing! Continue on your upwards path. You guys rocked!

Thank you for the really sweet comment! I'm glad you enjoyed our show. This year has really been about embracing being a bird and while it's hard to get everyone on board we're glad the story is coming through. It's basically based off the stages of a bird's life. The beginning is the birth of a bird, the second movement is taking flight, the third (our ballad) is feeding the birds, and our fourth is a storm that comes in, and finally the fifth is leaving the nest. Making finals was very surreal for us and this next 2 weeks we are going to push really hard to be a competitive band in the upcoming Area F contest!

As an alumni Haltom band mom, I'm more than happy to cheer on other bands, when I see something (and hear something) I enjoy! I know it means a lot, when you see your band's name in the comments and it's positive!

Area F is crazy hard and if anyone gets being in a super hard area, it's Haltom. lol You guys were wonderful! So pleased that you made it to finals!! It was great seeing you again.