Weather

BanderThanYou

It is a shame the cold front isn't expected to come through until Monday afternoon. That means the Houston Regional will be hot with air that you can just about wring the moisture out with your hands.

The area to watch in the Caribbean is still there, and has creeped up from a 10% to a 20% chance of developing over the next 5 days. Still should have no impact on Saturday, other than sending moisture our way.

It is a shame the cold front isn't expected to come through until Monday afternoon. That means the Houston Regional will be hot with air that you can just about wring the moisture out with your hands.

The area to watch in the Caribbean is still there, and has creeped up from a 10% to a 20% chance of developing over the next 5 days. Still should have no impact on Saturday, other than sending moisture our way.

I don't think you'll have to worry about that system at all. This cold front will pick that system up and drive it east with no threat to the Texas coast. Don't worry.

So far I'm keeping up with y'all down there.  Been in the 90's here so far this week but supposed to break soon.  I've got my SA tickets now, so its less than a month to get your weather settled out before we get there. :)  I have to know how to pack.

It's Texas.  You have to wait and pack the day before.  ;)

Personally I'm more than a bit nervous about flying to Indy in mid November.  I hope there aren't any blizzards!

Mother Nature is still giving us speed bumps... our stadium rehearsal was moved from last Tuesday to Thursday, because of rescheduling from the storm- and then we spent more time under the bleachers than on the field I think because of lighting in the area last night.

We had a freak rain come out of the blue last night in Leander.  We got .22 of an inch in a short amount of time at our house!  (Yes, I technically live in Cedar Park, but very close to the Leander line so I always think of my home as being in Leander.  :lol:)

Personally I'm more than a bit nervous about flying to Indy in mid November.  I hope there aren't any blizzards!

When we went in 2015 (last time it was close to being this late), no blizzards. But it was cold with a pretty decent wind chill. So be prepared to dress in layers and learn the ways to walk through the convention center and the skywalks around downtown.

When we went in 2015 (last time it was close to being this late), no blizzards. But it was cold with a pretty decent wind chill. So be prepared to dress in layers and learn the ways to walk through the convention center and the skywalks around downtown.

We definitely figured out that awesome convention center walk through in 2016 completely by accident!  We had eaten dinner at the JW (High Velocity) before finals, and walked out and straight across the street into the convention center thinking we would just cut through a little ways.  We had no idea this was where all the bands were or that it connected to LOS via tunnels!  It was just pure luck on our part.  And the icing on the cake was getting to walk by the Leander band and hugging my kiddo.  Unexpected treat!

We definitely figured out that awesome convention center walk through in 2016 completely by accident!  We had eaten dinner at the JW (High Velocity) before finals, and walked out and straight across the street into the convention center thinking we would just cut through a little ways.  We had no idea this was where all the bands were or that it connected to LOS via tunnels!  It was just pure luck on our part.  And the icing on the cake was getting to walk by the Leander band and hugging my kiddo.  Unexpected treat!

Yep, and you don't even have to go outside from the JW to get to the convention center. There is a walk on the second level that goes beside the parking garage and then crosses over. I can't count how many times I made that walk in 2017...

Yep, and you don't even have to go outside from the JW to get to the convention center. There is a walk on the second level that goes beside the parking garage and then crosses over. I can't count how many times I made that walk in 2017...

Cool to know!  We will probably go back there and eat at least once again for old times sake.  Plus it was really good!  

Our condo is on the East side of the big circle fountain (the Soldiers and Sailors Monument) so I will probably head towards the Circle Centre Mall and walk through there.  I believe they have a connection to the convention center as well?  I'll look more as it gets closer.  But now if it's too cold, I'm just going to Uber to LOS every time!  I like a brisk walk but I ain't about that WIND CHILL!

Cool to know!  We will probably go back there and eat at least once again for old times sake.  Plus it was really good!  

Our condo is on the East side of the big circle fountain (the Soldiers and Sailors Monument) so I will probably head towards the Circle Centre Mall and walk through there.  I believe they have a connection to the convention center as well?  I'll look more as it gets closer.  But now if it's too cold, I'm just going to Uber to LOS every time!  I like a brisk walk but I ain't about that WIND CHILL!

Yep they all connect together... the only time we really needed our coats was when we walked the band (with props) outside from the back of the convention center around to the stadium... that was cold! 

That time of year it could be anything. I'd figure around 40's maybe 50's during the day.  The days before Avon went to SA, they were practicing in the 30's before hitting the Texas heat.  Currently we've been down in the 40's at night and lower 70's in the evening so great sleeping weather with a window open.  If I remember correctly, the Super Bowl in Indy had better weather over the Super Bowl in Dallas.  We can have all 4 seasons in a day here!