Weather

BanderThanYou

HYDRATE Y'ALL, DONT DIEDRATE!!

With Texas being the hot son of a gun it is, I thought it'd be interesting to make a discussion about weather; whether that involves complaining about the hot and humid/dry heat of Texas or the extremely rainy competition days. If I'm not mistaken, I remember last year being quite rainy and some competitions were running behind schedule because of it.

Also, everybody's favorite conversation ice breaker is weather, so why not start a topic about it?

This week's weather: 

- Austin: For once it's supposed to not reach into the 100's this week 

- San Antonio: Looking a little hotter than Austin but not too bad.

- Houston: Looks like y'all are getting some rain this week with slightly cooler temps.

- Dallas: hot and dry

Houston: A little cooler here with mid-90's (was still 99 yesterday), with some seabreeze rain kicking up off and on. Our heat advisory has been dropped, as the feel-like temp is only supposed to be around 105. This weekend is supposed to have a higher chance for rain as a tropical wave is coming onshore (no development, just moisture).

Austin is still boiling in 100+ temps until Friday or Saturday I believe and then it’s supposed to drop a little. It definitely looks to be a much drier football season than last year’s was. That was a mess!

same in SA - we either get rained out or baked

can we please get a happy medium...... Please???

Current weather condition at my house is 77 degrees and 51% humidity with winds around 10 mph and sunny.  Passed by the band practicing on the field.   Don't worry, in 2 months I'll be jealous of the rest of you.  :)

here in San Antonio - we are on the 24th consecutive day of temps or heat index of 100 degrees or more - no relief in sight, but come October we will be loving life... hope we have some great weather when you visit in November

here in San Antonio - we are on the 24th consecutive day of temps or heat index of 100 degrees or more - no relief in sight, but come October we will be loving life... hope we have some great weather when you visit in November

About the same here - I think the last time that we didn't hit 100 with air temp or heat index was July 24-26 after that very unusual cold front went through. Prior to that it would have been in late June.

We are getting some decent rain from that tropical wave I mentioned in an earlier post. Super-humid of course...

This isn't for Texas (yet), but please send prayers for those in the path of Hurricane Dorian. It's forecast to make landfall somewhere along the coast of Florida/Southern Georgia as a high end Category 3 hurricane but I have the sneaking suspicion that some rapid intensification is going to occur especially with how warm the waters are this year with it being such a quiet hurricane season. If the system makes it all the way through Florida it could restrengthen in the Gulf of Mexico where the waters are even warmer. This is starting to remind me a lot of Hurricane Katrina right now and that's what has me worried.

But no rain on Game and Contest nights!

For now it looks like were safe to not repeat last years monsoon Marching Season. Let's keep our fingers crossed! Next two weeks looks like very Hot and Sunny, repeat.........

Yes, 100+ degree days for the next seven days at least, if not longer. I’m so ready for cooler temperatures.