Shows that have made you cry

BA 2018 is probably the only one that brought actual tears.

The rest were off the top of my head and came close

Blue Springs 2018

John B. Alexander 2018

Vista Ridge 2018

The Woodlands 2017

CTJ 2017

James Bowie 2017

Castle 2017

Flomo 2016

Keller 2016

BA 2016

Hebron 2015

Cedar Park 2015

LD Bell 2010

LD Bell 2007

John B. Alexander 2018

Castle 2017

(about to be biased)

Lumberton 2017 (this show meant a lot to me, my town got hit very hard by Harvey. Over 50% of the band lost everything yet we continued doing our best like nothing bad happened, and we went to state, first time in 36 years)

Those 3 above made me cry a lot

Carmel 2016

Cedar Park 2008 (This show was soo good)

These 2 shows almost made me cry

I cant think of any others. Vista Ridge was amazing but it didn't make me cry, just really happy!

Both Vista Ridge and John B Alexander made me cry last season. That was a first for me!

Ohhhh....J-Mike made a liar out of me. He reminded me of Castle 2017. THAT was the first show to make me cry. And I mean I UGLY cried at that one. We had all fallen a bit in love with Sophie in 2016 at GN, so that tribute show to her in 2017 was BRUTAL. And incredibly lovely. That angel at the end wrapping her arms/wings around Sophie’s boyfriend. Oh my, that was excruciating. Making me tear up just remembering it!

(pic from the Castle band website)

post-25583-0-10400300-1565870930_thumb.jpeg

Oh wow - realizing I tear up a lot during shows haha! - usually just happy tears because something is just so good or impactful.

-The Colony 2000 - when the 'Ghost Train' 'arrives' and the props in the back are pushed together to complete the train.

-Ronald Reagan 2002 - Journey of Man ballad

-Ronald Reagan 2003 - Horkstow Grange ballad

-Cedar Park 2006 - Fire of Eternal Glory ballad

-Cedar Ridge 2013 - Moon River ballad

-Cedar Park 2013 - from beginning of Romeo & Juliet closer to end when R&J 'ascend' together

-Vandegrift 2013 - Journey through the Snow ballad

-Leander 2014 - Over the Rainbow at the end of Color Study

-Hebron 2014 - When Midnight Comes - the WHOLE SHOW

-Flower Mound 2015 - Surreal, when they unfurled the 'this is not a marching band' sign at the end.

-CTJ 2017 - Hallelujah trombone solo

-Vandegrift 2017 - Sound of Silence alto flute solo and the exquisite release of the last chord in the ballad that rings forever

-Vista Ridge 2018 - Closer

-Keller 2018 with sustained chord at the end of the opener and the panels in the back changing from colors to tessellations, etc.

Oh wow - realizing I tear up a lot during shows haha! - usually just happy tears because something is just so good or impactful.

-Flower Mound 2015 - Surreal, when they unfurled the 'this is not a marching band' sign at the end.

My son’s senior show. I was in the pit crew and saw it field level from the 50 and the waterworks flowed the entire time.

He cried during the entire closer, in fact.

any show with my kid in it - gotta love and feel their performance - good or bad - you have to bring a tear

You’re so right. I remember when my daughter first entered the Leander Band as a freshman and we were SO green as band parents. We had ZERO idea what we were getting into. Now I come from a long background of music myself and my hubby is quite the connoisseur of classical music, but we simply had no clue about the amazing musical and artistic journey we were about to embark on in the fall of 2013. When we sat down in that huge football stadium at our first parent preview and those kiddos blasted us with that first impact...yeah. Oh how the tears poured!

That is easy for me.  2014 Grand Nats finals performance of Flower Mound's Harmonic Tapestries. I was in the center of the lower section, close enough to see faces, my baby girl was a senior and my son was a freshman.  I saw them both at different parts and started to get choked up. This was the first real activity that they had done together, and here they were performing on the biggest stage, and tears were starting to flow.  Then when I saw my daughter's face later, I could tell she was getting emotional but fighting it back I couldn't and I lost it.  Tears were full on streaming down my face.  I wasn't the only one in that area of the stands who needed a large handkerchief for wiping away the tears, most of us senior parents were in full-on cry. A most joyful and happy cry. Years of pent up emotion pouring out for all of us.

It wasn't just that the performance brought me (and most of us) to tears, it was all the trials that they had been through as a band, just missing state with the circus show (The Greatest Show in 2012-13) and getting ranked 44th by one judge in music for 2013-14 FloModern and just missing BOA San Antonio finals.  Also, seemingly always being the afterthought when talking about Flower Mound bands.  We would be at a competition and someone would ask what band we were with, and we'd say "Flower Mound" then then person asking the question would go on raving about how much they loved what Marcus was doing.  We'd have to reply "no, that is Flower Mound Marcus, we are Flower Mound High School." To which they would simply reply "Oh" and end the conversation.

That performance, that night in Indianapolis was the first mountaintop that the band reached.  No longer in the shadow of Marcus, they arrived.  Little did we know that would be the launching pad for what was to come.

Avon 2013 Statuesque has probably been the most emotional one they have put on in past years. Heard a lot of people getting choked up at the end of the show..... "...before you turn to stone".

Never realized before that Avon and Leander both played the same piece of music in 2013! First movement.

Edit: correction...Leander played it in our opener in 2014. In Color Study.