#41 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:57 PM

I have a friend who won the ultimate tourney recently at my school. He's been mistaken as the second best player in the world before which I thought was pretty cool.

James Madison H.S Class of 2020

Trombone player

2016 - EnLIGHTened

2017 - Nocturnal Creature

2018 - The Ascent

2019 - Under Construction

I love weather and music. Hot and steamy summers combined with marching rehearsal = heaven!

#42 Jeffrey L. Gorman

Jeffrey L. Gorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:02 AM

So I just wanted to start a thread for those of us who are equally passionate about things other than band. For me it’s Texas Ranger baseball and even more so, college softball. My middle daughter was a gifted athlete and she was an especially good softball player. She played select softball from 12 years on up and also played in college. We are still avid fans, and she and I are currently wrapped up in the Women’s College World Series. Anybody else watching?

I think it is good for us to like other activities.   I am a big USC and PAC12 Sports Fan(Congratulations to the Bruins in Softball) and while being assigned in England became a rabid fan of Manchester United and their great Coach Sir Alex Ferguson. He convinced me that great leaders can make average individuals great.  The fact is that great Bands in general are lead by Great Directors and that is why they usually win in contests, either Marching or Concert Wise. 

#43 FloMoParent

FloMoParent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationFlower Mound, TX

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:31 PM

Ohhh yeah can’t forget my Cowboys, I don’t know how I could’ve forgot them! I don’t know who you root for but go ahead and reply and we’ll find out!

I thought he asked for NFL...

Go Steelers!

We ARE Flower Mound!
#FloMoBringTheMoJo

#44 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:36 PM

Go Razorback Baseball! Woo Pig Souieeeeeee!
Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

#45 Nny14

Nny14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:05 PM

I thought he asked for NFL...

Go Steelers!

I sure did, hello fellow Yinzer :)

#46 lostbandmom42

lostbandmom42

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:08 AM

So I just wanted to start a thread for those of us who are equally passionate about things other than band. For me it’s Texas Ranger baseball and even more so, college softball. My middle daughter was a gifted athlete and she was an especially good softball player. She played select softball from 12 years on up and also played in college. We are still avid fans, and she and I are currently wrapped up in the Women’s College World Series. Anybody else watching?

I'm very late but I love softball. I missed the Women's College World Series this year. I also love Texas Ranger baseball so much that 3 of my 5 animals are named after former Ranger players.  Kinsler Murphy (Ian Kinsler and David Murphy) a now 6 yr old German Shepherd Dog, Mitch Moreland (called Mo) a 6 yr old maine coon cat, Joshua Hamilton is a 4 yr old Catahoula Leopard Cur. I wanted to name our 2 younger animals after Ranger players but My family vetoed that because we name our animals and the player is immediately traded. I also am very into all levels of Woman's artistic gymnastics. I attend as many meets as possible. I"m really happy that the next few years the Women's College Gymnastic Nationals are in Fort Worth. 

#47 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:23 AM

Wow you are even more of a Rangers fan than I am I think!

You need to name your next animal Joey. :)

#48 Bandmomx4

Bandmomx4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:08 PM

Travel... and I’ve had plenty this summer. So I feel like I’m trying to catch up here and I’m making comments on conversations that are months old... 😊😂

#49 LostChoirGuy

LostChoirGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • LocationProvo, Utah

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:53 PM

I know the feeling! I was gone all summer, so I just went back and read all of the conversations I missed.

#50 PSHSMom

PSHSMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:08 PM

NFL peeps where you at

Yes, I am an NFL fan.     However, no Cowboy fans in this house.  Go Pack Go.     Lot's of friendly competition at my work office :)

#51 Rudedog34

Rudedog34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationPflugerville, Tx

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:25 AM

Outside of band, I do Graphic Design, and dabble in photography and video work! Funnily enough, I often find myself doing both for band more often than not. I also really enjoy Marvel, both comics and movies, and Godzilla/Kaiju in general. My favorite movie is a Japanese animated film called 'Your Name.', which is where my profile picture on this site comes from. I'm sure there's plenty I'm forgetting, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to say some stuff! I also have an Instagram for my Graphic Design and Video Work, soooo if any of ya'll wanna check that out, it's @wahajdesignsstuff!

Followed

#52 Rudedog34

Rudedog34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:33 AM

Anyone watching FIFA Women’s World Cup?

I’m no Uber-feminist, but women’s sports absolutely do not get the respect that they deserve.

Put both my daughters through select soccer and coached both. So, yeah, I guess I'm kinda into the Women's World Cup. Women's fussball (yes I keep tabs on the German soccer teams) is so much more traditional and pure than the men's soccer nowadays. Like softball too.

Girls Rule!

#53 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:41 AM

Ha I’m watching Rangers baseball as we speak. I’m sad that the season is almost over but looking forward to attending a few games next year in the incredible new ballpark!

#54 Rudedog34

Rudedog34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:56 AM

Wasn't a band geek until my oldest daughter converted me 7/8 years ago. Luv her for that by the way.

I was one of the guys who always crashed the band parties "to make new friends"...yes all my girlfriends were in band. Played baseball, football, soccer and was one of the original "Scaters" back in the 70's. I had a 8 ft tall trick ramp set up out on our street that brought all the kids in the neighborhood out to test their board skills. I guess that daredevil type atmosphere affected me some. In high school when I wasn't playing soccer or behind a camera, I was getting thrown off bulls and broncs and when that wasn't enough I got behind the wheel and took to the track.

Now days when work allows, I'm into photography (my passion since I was very young), video production & editing, 3d CGI & solid modeling. Which is what I do for a living, so I guess work is...fun?

I don't really follow traditional pro sports much anymore. They've all become too political and money driven. I'd just as soon take in a youth league, or high school sporting event. If I had to say I follow a pro sport, it would be baseball leaning toward the Rangers then the Astros, then who ever the underdog is in any particular game.

#55 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:07 AM

Good stuff there, friend. I would love to hear more stories!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users