I was happily surprised to see McNeil and Roma do so well. I'm so excited to see how they will progress into November, and maybe we will see Roma in SMBC Finals??

Definetely possible. They are much stronger than they were in 2017, and with schools like Waxahachie and Richland in 6A now they have a very good chance. 

That’s great for Alexander:). I loved their show last year and it sounds like this year’s show is even better.

I don’t see them making finals at boa-sa though. Too many excellent bands there. I would love to see them get there though and stop the domination by the big 4 metros at state and boa in making finals.

Edit: found their McAllen performance on you tube, they did a great job!

It would be very interesting to see how Roma and Pioneer battle it out for the rest of the season. I would not be surprised at all if they both make finals at the 5A state marching competition in November. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Pioneer win 2A champs at the San Antonio super regional. It’s time for these two bands to make their mark in state competition.

That’s great for Alexander:). I loved their show last year and it sounds like this year’s show is even better.

I don’t see them making finals at boa-sa though. Too many excellent bands there. I would love to see them get there though and stop the domination by the big 4 metros at state and boa in making finals.

Edit: found their McAllen performance on you tube, they did a great job!

I could see JBA rounding out the top 20 easily

It would be very interesting to see how Roma and Pioneer battle it out for the rest of the season. I would not be surprised at all if they both make finals at the 5A state marching competition in November. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Pioneer win 2A champs at the San Antonio super regional. It’s time for these two bands to make their mark in state competition.

I completely agree!! It is definitely going to be exciting watching these two powerhouses go toe to toe the rest of the season leading up to the Super Regional and then State. Could we see TWO valley bands in State Finals??There has been some great parity between the two programs over the past six years. They have also been the most consistent programs in Area G. Hats off to those kids and their incredible staffs.

One thing that I feel JBA is doing phenomenally that very few other bands in Texas are doing is *feeling* the show’s message (of course to do that you need a clear understand of what it is) and using that to enhance the musical performance and overall effect. Definitely their best example of this would have been their “WAR” impact; the energy and sound complemented the chord structures and overall message very well.

One thing that I feel JBA is doing phenomenally that very few other bands in Texas are doing is *feeling* the show’s message (of course to do that you need a clear understand of what it is) and using that to enhance the musical performance and overall effect. Definitely their best example of this would have been their “WAR” impact; the energy and sound complemented the chord structures and overall message very well.

They did a phenomenal job of that with last year's show as well.  Like I have mentioned before, it moved me and my band kiddo to tears!