This contest will be held on September 21, 2019 at McAllen Veterans Memorial Stadium

Attendees as of May 15:

Birdville H.S., TX
Brazoswood H.S., TX*
Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX
Del Rio H.S., TX*
Economedes H.S., TX
Edinburg North H.S., TX*
Hidalgo Early College H.S., TX
John B. Alexander H.S., TX
Juarez-Lincoln H.S., TX
McAllen H.S., TX*
McAllen Memorial H.S., TX*
McAllen Nikki Rowe H.S., TX*
McNeil H.S., TX
Mission H.S., TX*
Palmview H.S., TX
Pioneer H.S., TX*
Rio Grande City H.S., TX
Robert Vela H.S., TX
Roma H.S., TX
San Benito H.S., TX
Santa Rosa H.S., TX
Sharyland H.S., TX*
United H.S., TX*
Valley View H.S., TX
Weiss H.S., TX*
Winston Churchill H.S., TX*

I'm not too sure about how strong Churchill is, especially for taking first place. I believe they will rank highly, but I have some doubts regarding a first place spot. That's just me though. I haven't seen anything from them, so if anything is out there feel free to PM it to me.

I'm not too sure about how strong Churchill is, especially for taking first place. I believe they will rank highly, but I have some doubts regarding a first place spot. That's just me though. I haven't seen anything from them, so if anything is out there feel free to PM it to me.

Out of all the bands going, Churchill had the strongest BOA season in 2018. 8th at Conroe and Austin, and 22nd at SA.

Don't underestimate Weiss.  I think they have a good shot at at medal.

I agree, but they will have a new head director, and while the replacement is likely going to benefit them well in the long run, its rare (there are definetely exceptions) that a program goes through a director change without some sort of transition/rebuilding year. Either way I think they are a lock for the top 5!

I agree, but they will have a new head director, and while the replacement is likely going to benefit them well in the long run, its rare (there are definetely exceptions) that a program goes through a director change without some sort of transition/rebuilding year. Either way I think they are a lock for the top 5!

The foundation Weiss has as a Pflugerville ISD School got them competitive very quickly as a new school.  While I agree that the new director will have an impact I don't think the change will impact the competitiveness of Weiss negatively next year.  Weiss opened in 2017 so still a very new program.

• 2 months later...