#TeamTexas - Grand Nats Gathering

Any students planning on going? I know there’s a few students on here from various Indy-traveling bands. It’d be neat to meet some of the performers that we talk so much about!

sorry - this is intended to be an adult party and I would assume that the students that are traveling with a band have a lock-down-curfew 

Final Details

Friday November 15th 7pm to Midnight

Westin Indy Hotel - All Seasons Room on the second floor. the room is adjacent to Shula's steak house but has a private entrance.

we will be streaming the prelim results that start at 8:45PM

I have arranged for fruit/cheese, chips and Salsa (we are from Texas after all) and chicken quesadillas  - I have taken care of the room and the food

Bar service will be available for those that would like it

If you are planning on attending and have not commented - please do so - just need to make sure we have room

I have invited some of the Band Directors and have had some confirmed - looking forward to seeing all 6 of our programs being announced as semi-finalists

so excited about how this is playing out - big shout out to the TXBands team for their focus on the Texas 6 Pack during this event - looks like Dan and the team already have a few bands that they will be following in prelims and semis - hope they share some of those posts on our #teamtexas facebook page as well

saw some posts on the #teamtexas face book page about Texas flags - so I had to order some as well

lets show our Texas Pride

minor correction on the location for Friday's Gathering

the event will be in the "Perfect Season's" room on the second floor in the "Nourish" space of the Westin Indy - still adjacent to the Shula's steak house.

still from 7PM to Midnight - just adjusting for the size of the crowd - 

hope to see those that have committed at the event at our "Friday Night Lights"

Last Update - I promise.

the "Nourish" Restaurant is on the second floor of the Westin Indy. it used to be Shula's steak house - now it is Nourish - the room is the "Perfect Seasons" room and is inside of the restaurant but is a private space - they have committed to have the TV set up so I can live stream FloMarching by 7Pm (Rock Band at 7:15)

It is not a ballroom but should be some fun cozy space for 35

I have invited some members of the MFA staff as well as some Texas Directors - some committed - some kinda vague. I know that MFA has asked to bring some additional members from Texas programs (Leander parents I met tonight)  and has asked if Eric Martin (MFA CEO)  and Dr. Jeremy Earnhart (COO) could drop by for a few minutes to say Hello - they are very busy this weekend, so I think their visit will be quick - in addition to TXBands and Horn Rank.

looking forward to meeting so many people that we all interact with on a regular basis on TXBands

hope to see you all Friday night - 7PM to Midnight

Completely agree. I really enjoyed meeting everyone.

It was an absolute pleasure getting to know you this season! And how funny was it that we ended up in the same hotel and on the same plane yesterday when we are both only alumni parents and we live several hundred miles apart. :lol:

It was an absolute pleasure getting to know you this season! And how funny was it that we ended up in the same hotel and on the same plane yesterday when we are both only alumni parents and we live several hundred miles apart. :lol:

That was very unexpected! Out of all the hotels and flights, whodathunk?

O.K.

there are many of us that are band junkies and are here a few times a week (or more) since about July when we start looking for info of who is doing what and we were fortunate enough this your to have 6 Texas bands (all well known bands) attend Grand Nats - so that extended our season another 2 weeks

But what Now????????

there are so many that I met this past week in Indy that have no kids in a program - what now? for me.... I have a freshman and I don't have the same passion for concert band that I have for Marching Season - but I do enjoy it.

I guess this means it is time to focus on fundraising for next year and doing some more concessions ... yeah, that is a party. :P

for those at the gathering last Friday in Indy, - I am working on the follow up conversation with Eric Martin from Friday evening and again on Saturday. Will keep you all posted as that develops.

time to start looking at 2020 and the next Gathering I am thinking one prior to BOA Austin, BOA Houston and BOA San Antonio next year.

Have a Happy Holiday Season

O.K.

there are many of us that are band junkies and are here a few times a week (or more) since about July when we start looking for info of who is doing what and we were fortunate enough this your to have 6 Texas bands (all well known bands) attend Grand Nats - so that extended our season another 2 weeks

But what Now????????

there are so many that I met this past week in Indy that have no kids in a program - what now? for me.... I have a freshman and I don't have the same passion for concert band that I have for Marching Season - but I do enjoy it.

I guess this means it is time to focus on fundraising for next year and doing some more concessions ... yeah, that is a party. :P

for those at the gathering last Friday in Indy, - I am working on the follow up conversation with Eric Martin from Friday evening and again on Saturday. Will keep you all posted as that develops.

time to start looking at 2020 and the next Gathering I am thinking one prior to BOA Austin, BOA Houston and BOA San Antonio next year.

Some of us are also very interested in a gathering at GrandNats next year.   :D

O.K.

But what Now????????

I would be happy to host a BOA Austin gathering at my house Friday night.

SOME of us will be at football games. With our bands.

that was the beauty of the gathering we had in Indy - with the exception of my wife and I - the participants in the gathering did not have kids in a program - they were all Alumni parents from many programs as well as our TXbands folks, HornRanks and the MFA CEO

it is difficult to get parents that have kids in the program to attend this type of event - they are tied to the travel plan of their child

that was the beauty of the gathering we had in Indy - with the exception of my wife and I - the participants in the gathering did not have kids in a program - they were all Alumni parents from many programs as well as our TXbands folks, HornRanks and the MFA CEO

it is difficult to get parents that have kids in the program to attend this type of event - they are tied to the travel plan of their child

That’s my problem... someday I’ll be just an alumni parent.

I don’t know if y’all remember when I first started posting during my daughter’s Senior year, and I wasn’t sure there was a place for me in the marching band world with my kiddo graduating. Boy was I wrong. :lol: I have enjoyed being an alumni parent more than I ever imagined that I would!