I never posted anything over there myself, but I seriously enjoyed reading pages and pages of BOA history and insight.

Really unfortunate no one at MFA considered entrusting the community to run the forums themselves and decided to shut it down instead. heck, they could have even changed domains to a community-run domain.

I’m expecting to linger on the Hornrank forums once those go public Monday. Hope to see that community grow quickly.

• 4 weeks later...

It's sad to see a forum you've been visiting for decades go away, but the BOA forum really was a pale shadow of what it once was. It died the moment it went offline for that year-long period. When it came back, lots of regulars, including myself, had lost interest, and it was flooded with advertisements and spam. The group that was still posting there seemed very small and (mostly) inexperienced, and it wasn't enough to keep it alive. But it's okay. My precious memories of making people angry by speaking my mind there will always remain! <3