3:00 Westwood H.S., TX

3:15 Cy-Fair H.S., TX

3:30 Richland H.S., TX

3:45 Brazoswood H.S., TX

4:00 Westlake H.S., TX

4:15 Obra D. Tompkins H.S., TX

4:30 Seven Lakes H.S., TX

4:45 Ronald Reagan H.S., TX

As far as challenging at the very top, based on last year's results, I would say Cy-Fair, Oak Ridge, and Seven Lakes. (The addition of Westlake throws me for a loop a little, and I could see them rounding out the top 3.) I've seen Cy-Fair's show, but I feel like the mic placement for the recording was weird, because it didn't really sound that great. I enjoyed the show, technical difficulties aside. I'm not sure they're going to pull a Vista Ridge at this event, though. Maybe Seven Lakes or Oak Ridge or Westlake are in a better position. Unfortunately, it seems like Oak Ridge has only performed a spirit show so far at football games, so I haven't gotten the chance to see their actual show. In all honestly, I think there's like an 87% chance Reagan wins this, a 10% chance The Woodlands wins it, and 3% chance any group besides those two win it. And I feel like TWHS will have to give a real showstopping performance to top Reagan, which they haven't done in the early season since 2013, which is also the last time they had a really great visual program. Meanwhile, Reagan gives a showstopping performance at this event just about every year.

The rest of the finalists? I just don't even know. There's so much volatility.

Has anyone seen anything from Cy Falls recently? Back when I attended this contest as a student, I remember them as being very competitive, but they have been quiet in recent years. 

Has anyone seen anything from Cy Falls recently? Back when I attended this contest as a student, I remember them as being very competitive, but they have been quiet in recent years.

I’m not from Falls but one of my best friends goes to Falls, I haven’t seen the show live but the design and music looks pretty solid. I won’t tell too much but I am worried that Langham Creek won’t beat them this year.

My finals top half in no particular order at this point:

Oak Ridge

Cy-Fair

Westlake

Ronald Reagan

The Woodlands

Bottom half in no particular order:

Seven Lakes

Stephen F Austin

Cy-Falls

James E Taylor

Pearland

Others that can make me so very wrong:

Clear Brook

College Park

Dawson

Richland

Westfield

Westwood

Brazoswood

Then there are several that have done well here that I have heard nothing about this year (Friendswood, O'Connor, Tompkins, etc.).