Texas Marching Classic 2019

Some early registrants for the contest, according to the website.

1A - 4A Bands

Johnson High School (Buda, Tx)

5A Bands

Georgetown High School

LBJ/LASA High School (Austin, Tx)

Lockhart High School

Rouse High School

Manor High School*

Cedar Park High School*

Weiss High School*

6A Bands

Cedar Ridge High School**

Louis D. Brandeis High School

John Paul Stevens High School

Jack C. Hays High School

James Bowie High School (Austin, Tx)

Leander High School

Belton High School

Ronald Reagan High School

Vandegrift High School

Hendrickson High School

Midway High School

McNeil High School

Sandra Day O’Connor High School

Copperas Cove High School*

Clements High School (Fort Bend ISD)*

Akins High School*

Harker Heights High School*

Winston Churchill High School*

If I'm correct, I believe there's still 6-8 spots left, and already quite a few big hitters, so this contest should be a very fun one to watch!

http://www.texasmarchingclassic.org/content.asp?PageID=2

*added after initial posting

** likely an exhibition performance, as they host the event

Excited that Brandeis, Stevens and O'Connor will be repping NISD at TMC. Go Broncos! 2nd year director and a new emphasis on doing the things that other successful programs do has me pumped for the fall already.

Me too!  The Leander kids made friends with the Stevens kids in 2015 when they bonded over the massive deluge that stopped one of our competitions in it's tracks for awhile.  Stevens was on the field and Leander was about to be when it hit.  Great kids, those Stevens kids!

Edit:  Or was it 2016?   :wacko:

I miss HerbaFlerb. He was a Cedar Ridge band kid but he quit band his Senior year I think. Great presence here, and greatly missed!

(I know you all are thinking...SQUIRREL! But no, I actually thought of this because it's the Cedar Ridge band that puts on the Texas Marching Classic). :lol:

A friend sent me this post and I literally said “Aww!” out loud. I’m gonna have to start posting again :)

This contest looks awesome. I can’t believe that TMC is finally becoming popular again. I can’t wait for marching season 2019!!

I’m excited too! It’s such a fun local hometown type competition. Like the state fair almost. It just has a different feel to it from the BOA style competitions. From all of the fair food and little booths to the hokie shoutouts you can buy and have broadcast over the intercom before and after each band takes the field. It’s just a great one and I’m glad to see some of the big names venturing back in.

Hmm after looking at the TMC website, it looks like it hasn't been updated since the 2018 contest, so the 'new additions' are from last year. The Cedar Ridge band site however does seem to have an accurate list of registrants so far.

The TMC website seems to be really late with everything. They haven’t even posted the prelims recap from 2018 yet.