3. Hendrickson

4. Waxahachie

5. Seven Lakes

6. Round Rock

7. John Horn

8. James Martin

9. Mansfield

10. Berkner

Like others have said, I can see this contest ending in several different ways. And I would love to see Keller win their first regional championship.

I guess my early prediction would be

1. Keller

2. James Bowie

3. Hendrickson

4. Waxahachie

5. Seven Lakes

6. Round Rock

7. John Horn

8. James Martin

9. Mansfield

10. Berkner

Like others have said, I can see this contest ending in several different ways. And I would love to see Keller win their first regional championship.

Glad you mentioned that.  There are several Texas contests that could see a program win its first Regional Championship.  Exciting times, people!!

Aledo H.S., TX*

Anderson H.S., TX

Burleson Centennial H.S., TX

Cleburne H.S., TX

Dripping Springs H.S., TX

Duncanville H.S., TX

Forney H.S., TX

J.J. Pearce H.S., TX

Jack C. Hays H.S., TX

James Bowie H.S., TX

James Martin H.S., TX

John Horn H.S., TX

Keller H.S., TX

L.V. Berkner H.S., TX

Lamar H.S., TX

Lorena H.S., TX

Magnolia H.S., TX

Mansfield H.S., TX

North Garland H.S., TX

North Mesquite H.S., TX*

Richland H.S., TX

Ridge Point H.S. Band, TX

Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX

Robinson H.S., TX

Round Rock H.S., TX

Sachse H.S., TX

Seven Lakes H.S., TX

W. Charles Akins H.S., TX

Waxahachie H.S., TX*

• 3 weeks later...

I’m thinking Bowie is the only previous winner of a Regional prior to this?

Dripping Springs won 2017 McAllen and I believe Richland won something WAAAAY back

Wow I didn’t realize that Keller was going. I think sometimes they get overlooked because they don’t typically move around too much in placement at San Antonio but they have been one of the most consistently great band programs in the state. They always put out really good products with some awesome sounds and whether or not they move up in ranking they definitely keep getting better. They’re my favorite for the gold going into the contest, I hope they get their first regional title here.

Wow I didn’t realize that Keller was going. I think sometimes they get overlooked because they don’t typically move around too much in placement at San Antonio but they have been one of the most consistently great band programs in the state. They always put out really good products with some awesome sounds and whether or not they move up in ranking they definitely keep getting better. They’re my favorite for the gold going into the contest, I hope they get their first regional title here.

I really liked their show this past year, it had a lot of cool, really well-played music, and good use of props, and was overall a delight to watch. That mic'ed up auto-tuned(ish?) snare was great, and reminded me of BK 2017. If their show this year is anywhere near as entertaining, then they're probably gonna be another one of my favorites.

From the musical selections and what I've been told, I think Keller's show has a lot of potential. Just very excited that they are attending another boa regional.

I agree. The last time they attended more than 2 BOA competitions was in 2015 when they attended 4. And although they have won their fair share of contests over the past few years, they have yet to make a giant splash in the BOA scene despite their consistent improvement. Last year was looking to be very promising when they beat Hebron in visual and tied FloMo in music at BOA Bedford (though most of that can be attributed to inconsistent judging and Hebron’s mic mishap). Things fizzled out slightly after they just barely missed the top half of BOA San Antonio (placing .17 points behind Vista Ridge in prelims) and getting an unfortunate performance time in finals of both BOA and UIL State finals. Thought I can’t imagine how stressful it would’ve been dealing with the Macy’s Pardade at the same time competitions and rehearsals were getting constantly rained out (I have my fingers crossed that the weather is nice this year and Waco actually happens for the first time). Will this be the year they break into the top half? Who knows as the armada of GN attendees and bands like Vista and FloMo will be looking to hold their ground. Anyway, a first BOA regional win for Keller would be very well deserved.

I really liked their show this past year, it had a lot of cool, really well-played music, and good use of props, and was overall a delight to watch. That mic'ed up auto-tuned(ish?) snare was great, and reminded me of BK 2017. If their show this year is anywhere near as entertaining, then they're probably gonna be another one of my favorites.

Keller’s Show last year was definitely one of my favorites. Incredibly entertaining and had a well-thought-out message.