2019 WGI - TCGC Season

It’s just about time for another winter guard season to begin! I’m pumped and ready to watch some amazing guard work both in Texas and across the country. Time to renew my Flo account soon!

And on this subject, LISD (South) is putting on an exhibition of their winter shows tomorrow night (Saturday) at Rouse. Leander will be there along with Vista Ridge, Rouse, Cedar Park and even the Vandegrift dance team. I’m not sure Vandy is competing this WGI season, but it will be interesting to see an indoor performance from the Vision Dance Co.

Doors open at 6pm in the Rouse competition gym. It’s free to attend but donations are accepted. Y’all come!

That would be so fun to go watch!  Too bad it's a little far for our schedule to make it.  

Next week my Jr high color guarder gets to do her first competition this year.  Not quite where the high school kids are, but it's fun to see them as they start the skills.  She is doing rifle this year for the first time.

That would be so fun to go watch! Too bad it's a little far for our schedule to make it.

Next week my Jr high color guarder gets to do her first competition this year. Not quite where the high school kids are, but it's fun to see them as they start the skills. She is doing rifle this year for the first time.

That’s awesome! Vista Ridge has a JV squad performing tonight and they utilize 8th graders from their feeder MS. One of my preschool staff has a daughter in it. I hope more and more high schools will begin training these kiddos in MS.

Does Glenn have a WGI show? I dont follow Glenn much.

They aren’t listed on the announcement sheet so I am guessing they aren’t doing either color guard circuit this year. I’m also curious what Vandegrift plans to do this season since they ARE listed on the performance list. I did not see them listed in any WGI or TCGC schedule however, but maybe I am not looking in the right places. I am very anxious to see an indoor performance from them tonight! :)

I just left the TCGC Morton ranch competition. Daughter is in the cadet class with her jr high group. I would have loved to stay and watch the higher classes throughout the day- but other kids have other activities. I feel like I’m just starting to feel like I know a little more about marching band- and now I’m needing to learn more about color guard and scoring and stuff. Does anyone have suggestions of where/how/what to read/watch to learn more? I was surprised to see Highschool groups down in the cadet class with the jr high groups.

I just left the TCGC Morton ranch competition. Daughter is in the cadet class with her jr high group. I would have loved to stay and watch the higher classes throughout the day- but other kids have other activities. I feel like I’m just starting to feel like I know a little more about marching band- and now I’m needing to learn more about color guard and scoring and stuff. Does anyone have suggestions of where/how/what to read/watch to learn more? I was surprised to see Highschool groups down in the cadet class with the jr high groups.

Are you planning to be at WGI next weekend in New Braunfels?

Nope. :( the jr high just sticks to the Houston area competitions- and I’ve got too many other things with other kids still at home to be able to go just for “me” to enjoy. :) some day I’ll be able to catch the competitions just for fun and not just as a parent. ☺️

Yes you will! My baby is in college so I’m definitely taking advantage of the freedom to DO WHAT I WANT! :D