49 replies to this topic

#41 Samuel Culper

Samuel Culper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:21 PM

Weddings during football/marching season should not be a thing.

#42 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:40 PM

I have friends getting married in October and I'm afraid for the date too. Planning to go to St. Louis and Lynchburg tentatively, but that might get put to the side.

You can just imagine how relieved I was that she didn’t say it was going to be in November! 😱
Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

#43 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:41 PM

Weddings during football/marching season should not be a thing.

Right?! Isn’t what June is for? 🤣

#44 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

Now my best friend is telling me her son’s wedding could be the first weekend in November! 😱. No....just NO!!!

#45 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:48 PM

Now my best friend is telling me her son’s wedding could be the first weekend in November! 😱. No....just NO!!!

Yep, they are pretty sure it will be that weekend. On Sunday afternoon in NW Arkansas. <wondering if I can make a 10 hour drive Saturday night after SA finals and come right back home on Monday>. Ugh.

#46 BandFriendzz

BandFriendzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:38 PM

Haltom 2019 designs. Sad I’m leaving... I really would’ve enjoyed this with my family.

Wow this is incredible. I just heard rumors but dang . That is exciting

#47 Bandmomx4

Bandmomx4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:46 PM

Yep, they are pretty sure it will be that weekend. On Sunday afternoon in NW Arkansas. <wondering if I can make a 10 hour drive Saturday night after SA finals and come right back home on Monday>. Ugh.

yikes!  I doubt they have red eye flights going into nw ark airport either for another option. We would fly in and out of tulsa when we lived up there- maybe a red eye flight sa to tulsa, and then it's just a 1 1/2- 2 hour drive depending on where in NW ark it is?

Or talk them into the next weekend- and you just bundle it with your Indy trip... stop there for the wedding and then go onto indy! :)

#48 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:01 AM

yikes! I doubt they have red eye flights going into nw ark airport either for another option. We would fly in and out of tulsa when we lived up there- maybe a red eye flight sa to tulsa, and then it's just a 1 1/2- 2 hour drive depending on where in NW ark it is?

Or talk them into the next weekend- and you just bundle it with your Indy trip... stop there for the wedding and then go onto indy! :)

I’ve thought about that! Combining the trips. But I can’t leave my preschool for that long. They manage without me for a few days, but if it’s more than that, it becomes a mess. 🤣. My assistant director doesn’t really like being in charge. Ha, that’s bad huh?

I really do have to figure out a way to make this work. I’m thinking of flying to either Tulsa or XNA Sunday morning and returning on Monday. I just don’t think I can miss BOA SA this year!

#49 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:07 AM

The cost tho. Wow. I really may have to drive it. Idk what to do. I’m hoping another venue with an October date will become available and they will choose that.

#50 Majellan

Majellan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:01 PM

I really want to see a Valley or Laredo band win this regional for once. Even better, I would love them to win it over a program from within the Triangle looking to scoop up a quick win.

Harlingen came within 3 points of Ctj in 2015 for 2nd place and won the first boa regional in the valley in 2005.. So It certainly can be done, Harlingen also came in 6th at San Antonio in 2001 before it became a super regional and won the For some reason Harlingen stopped going to boa the last two years, but John B Alexander and San Benito seem to be coming up down there. I agree that it would be nice to see a valley win in McAllen. I started band at Harlingen before I moved north so I spent middle school years listening to all of those great valley bands, always root for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users