2019 BOA Texas (and GN) schedule

Now that FloMarching and Bands of America have released the 2019 schedule, I wanted to put the Texas schedule out there for we avid (or should I say rabid?) TXBands fans. And I am including GN of course, as so many Texas bands are going next fall. Here are the upcoming BOA dates in Texas for 2019:

September 21 BOA McAllen (@Veterans Memorial Stadium)

September 28 BOA Austin (@Kelly Reeves)

HEB Marching Contest (@Pennington Field)

October 5  BOA DFW (@Pennington Field)
                  BOA Houston (@Legacy Stadium in Katy)
                  The Vista Ridge Marching Festival (@Gupton)

October 12 BOA Midland (@Grande Communications Stadium)
                   Texas Marching Classic (@Kelly Reeves)

Lone Star Review (@Woodforest Stadium)

October 19 BOA Waco (@McClane Stadium)

November 1&2 BOA San Antonio Super Regional (@Alamodome)

November 14-16 BOA Grand Nationals (@Lucas Oil Stadium)

I will be anxiously waiting to hear which bands are attending which regionals next fall.  And if there will be any out of state attendees.  I am hoping that since it's not a 6A UIL State year, we will see more of the big guys attending more regionals in Texas.  Also hoping to see plenty of the 5A up and comers as well, even though it is a state year for them!

I would love to see Leander look something like this:

Sept 28 at Austin 

Oct 5 at Houston

Oct 19 at Waco

November at SA and at Indy!

That still gives them a free weekend between SA and GN, and a weekend after Houston to have the annual March A Thon.  

Come on Leander...don't let me down.   :lol:  :lol:  :wub:  :wub:

Edit...realistically, they will probably just do Austin and Houston (or DFW) before BOA SA, but a girl can dream...

Oh no, it’s the same weekend as UIL Region??

The 19th of Oct is the tenative date for UIL Region 8 Marching Contest.  There are 26 Bands in Region 8 in 4A, 5A and 6A.  The other 40 Bands in Class A, 2A and 3A will compete during the week.  Only one of the 26 schools attended a BOA event next year so I have to believe the Region will not change dates. . They will probably use MIDWAY ISD Panther Stadium, located in Hewitt, a suburb of Waco for the UIL Region. .  Good news is Baylor is away on the 19th. Biggest problem I see is feeding everyone with two events within 10 miles of each other.  

The 19th of Oct is the tenative date for UIL Region 8 Marching Contest. There are 26 Bands in Region 8 in 4A, 5A and 6A. The other 40 Bands in Class A, 2A and 3A will compete during the week. Only one of the 26 schools attended a BOA event next year so I have to believe the Region will not change dates. . They will probably use MIDWAY ISD Panther Stadium, located in Hewitt, a suburb of Waco for the UIL Region. . Good news is Baylor is away on the 19th. Biggest problem I see is feeding everyone with two events within 10 miles of each other.

I wonder about the date for the Leander ISD UIL Region 32? I’m guessing it will be the 19th as well since that is the usual weekend for us. Area for 3A and 5A is already set for the 26th, so it’s a real safe bet that our region will be performing at Gupton stadium on the 19th. Probably will be the case for most of Texas. This could put a serious hurt on the Waco BOA contest!

I wonder about the date for the Leander ISD UIL Region 32? I’m guessing it will be the 19th as well since that is the usual weekend for us. Area for 3A and 5A is already set for the 26th, so it’s a real safe bet that our region will be performing at Gupton stadium on the 19th. Probably will be the case for most of Texas. This could put a serious hurt on the Waco BOA contest!

Our region has been on a Tuesday normally. Maybe they could try to lure some of our bands to Waco next year?

If you look at the demographics of UIL, you will find that getting many of the top 5A &6A Bands to Waco next year to Compete is not a real possibllity.    Last year over 736 Bands marched on Saturday out of 1330 Bands. Among the Regions that competed on Saturday were 

Region 2, Lewisville ISD. Etc

Region 11 &12 San Antonio to include NEISD Bands

Regions 27, 31 and 33. Houston area to include the Cy Fair Schools. 

Region 32 Leander ISD Bands

Region 15, 30 and 14. The Rio Grande Valley Schools and Corpus Christi South to include Laredo

Region 25 McKinney ISD to Include Frisco and Allen

Region 26 Round Rock ISD

These are just the Biggest 5A & 6A Regions. 

Last year the Lone Star Preview, hosted by the Woodlands drew only 14 Bands for their contest. 

My guess is that if BOA has a contest at Waco that day they will probably draw closer to 18 Bands due to the other schools contest.

I wonder if someone looked at Avon and Carmel not going to ISSMA last year and thought that might be possible in TX. WRONG ANSWER. 

If you look at the demographics of UIL, you will find that getting many of the top 5A &6A Bands to Waco next year to Compete is not a real possibllity.    Last year over 736 Bands marched on Saturday out of 1330 Bands. Among the Regions that competed on Saturday were 

Region 2, Lewisville ISD. Etc

Region 11 &12 San Antonio to include NEISD Bands

Regions 27, 31 and 33. Houston area to include the Cy Fair Schools. 

Region 32 Leander ISD Bands

Region 15, 30 and 14. The Rio Grande Valley Schools and Corpus Christi South to include Laredo

Region 25 McKinney ISD to Include Frisco and Allen

Region 26 Round Rock ISD

These are just the Biggest 5A & 6A Regions. 

Last year the Lone Star Preview, hosted by the Woodlands drew only 14 Bands for their contest. 

My guess is that if BOA has a contest at Waco that day they will probably draw closer to 18 Bands due to the other schools contest.

I wonder if someone looked at Avon and Carmel not going to ISSMA last year and thought that might be possible in TX. WRONG ANSWER. 

Frisco ISD is Region 24 along with Plano ISD, Prosper, and Little Elm. McKinney ISD, Wylie ISD, Allen, Lovejoy, and Princeton are Region 25 (the more notable schools in the region).

A band that skips Region will be disqualified from further UIL marching events that season and will be knocked down from Sweepstakes at UIL Concert. I think that also applies to the middle schools in their cluster as well (but would need to double check). I think it also jeopardizes a school’s ability to advance students in Solo and Ensemble.

When Westfield and Spring swore off UIL, they did their own Concert Contest and Solo and Ensemble for their district, including middle schools.

A band that skips Region will be disqualified from further UIL marching events that season and will be knocked down from Sweepstakes at UIL Concert. I think that also applies to the middle schools in their cluster as well (but would need to double check). I think it also jeopardizes a school’s ability to advance students in Solo and Ensemble.

When Westfield and Spring swore off UIL, they did their own Concert Contest and Solo and Ensemble for their district, including middle schools.

Wow. Jeopardizing concert band events due to an absence from a marching contest seems over-the-top to me. The rule makes me wonder if there even exists a TX public HS band without a marching band component.

I predict more bands from Houston and SA (and perhaps even Austin) will find themselves at McAllen this year since it's now uncontested as the earliest TX regional on the schedule.

Having BOA comments / critiques as early as 9/21 will certainly be advantageous to those bands who take BOA seriously.

I predict more bands from Houston and SA (and perhaps even Austin) will find themselves at McAllen this year since it's now uncontested as the earliest TX regional on the schedule.

Having BOA comments / critiques as early as 9/21 will certainly be advantageous to those bands who take BOA seriously.

Possible - the 4 years that this event has been running saw CTJ win the first and last event with Bowie and Dripping Springs winning in 16 and 17 respectively. to be considered is the value of this event. in the past, it has been a question of who is the biggest hitter to show up - the last few years have seen some great programs from Houston and the Valley that could change that. 

with Houston 350 miles out and SA and Austin 250+ out, it becomes a charter bus trip and likely overnight trip due to the distance and start times. 

this one will depend what programs are already spending there money to go to G Nats or others locations in the season

will be interesting to see what the schedules look like when they are released and we can start making predictions 

I really want to see a Valley or Laredo band win this regional for once. Even better, I would love them to win it over a program from within the Triangle looking to scoop up a quick win.

I don't think the programs in the triangle see this as a quick win anymore - seven lakes and J.B. Alexander had impressive shows this past year