2019 BOA Dallas/ Fort Worth Regional

Any update on Owasso situation?

I don’t know what has all been said here...but they didn’t perform in finals because the guard performed barefoot in prelims when it was 95 degrees outside. The turf was estimated as 140 degrees. Saw a parent say that on the Owasso Facebook page so I can’t confirm the validity of that data.

I don’t know what has all been said here...but they didn’t perform in finals because the guard performed barefoot in prelims when it was 95 degrees outside. The turf was estimated as 140 degrees. Saw a parent say that on the Owasso Facebook page so I can’t confirm the validity of that data.

Yes they suffered second degree burns yesterday. I hope they will recover VERY quickly but oh how you know that must hurt! :(

Please put shoes on your guard, directors!!!

My band (Colleyville Heritage) hasn’t done BOA since 2016-2017, wish we still did though. Anyways, I live fairly close to Pennington Field, not extremely close, but I was outside with some friends and we heard some music and one friend said “sounds like a marching band” I said “you have big brain its literally 10 why would there be a marching band near us at 10” but then I remembered BOA was happening at Pennington Field, which is 2.7 miles away exactly.

I heard final performances from 3 MILES AWAY. I wish I would’ve taken a video but I have no clue how I heard, not clearly of course, but basically the BOA finals from almost 3 miles away. Anyways yeah, I honestly wish I would’ve went and watched

Just a few things:

- FloMo is not a complete show.  There is a lot more coming.  They have a lot in but not a complete show.

- I watched a lot of the prelims via FloMarching and finals in person.  There was a HUGE difference between watching the stream and in person. I was about six rows from the top right at mid-field for finals (my favorite place to sit for bands).  There is a lot that you can't hear nor see on the feed that you see and hear in person.

- There was a noticeable collision during the Hebron finals performance plus I felt that Hebron's music in finals was not as crisp as Hebron normally plays.  There were a few times that my ears caught some very odd sounds, including the very last note of the closing solo. I thought Hebron was a lot better in prelims than they were in finals.
- The top bands that performed all had some issues, but they are all amazing bands.  Each of them will take what they learned this week and improve on the next contests. 

I’m surprised that collision didn’t affect Hebron more, considering how exposed and demanding their drill is at that time, and somehow it fixed itself by the end of their first movement. Props to those kids to be able to recover as well as they did, not sure a lot of bands could do that. (And they kept playing the whole time too! Not a break in the sound). There were definitely mic issues during Hebron’s show and they just seemed a lot quieter in finals too. If a bad run by their standards still got them 2nd place, imagine what a good run could do...

I’m surprised that collision didn’t affect Hebron more, considering how exposed and demanding their drill is at that time, and somehow it fixed itself by the end of their first movement. Props to those kids to be able to recover as well as they did, not sure a lot of bands could do that. (And they kept playing the whole time too! Not a break in the sound). There were definitely mic issues during Hebron’s show and they just seemed a lot quieter in finals too. If a bad run by their standards still got them 2nd place, imagine what a good run could do...

Mic issues is correct. Apparently they were still setting up the soundboard mics when the preshow started. Looks like they eventually figured it out though. The collision was definitely pretty minor in the end, but yes, it did mess up the drill a bit for a set or two. I feel like the recovery was pretty impressive though. Hebron’s just getting started....