2019 5A Area I

I’m not sure I’d have Porter under Tomball/Galena Park. We beat Tomball at State in 2017 and came very close to beating Galena Park a few times this year. Otherwise, I agree with most of it

They will be very close, but I could see either coming out on top. Both bands are getting much better very fast. 

• 10 months later...

Bryan moved up to 6A last year.  Here's a list of all the bands in the area currently.  Thoughts?

A&M CONSOLIDATED
BEAUMONT UNITED 
CANEY CREEK
CLEVELAND 
COLLEGE STATION
CROSBY
DAYTON
GALENA PARK
GRAND OAKS 
HUNTSVILLE
KINGWOOD PARK 
LAKE CREEK 
MAGNOLIA 
MAGNOLIA WEST 
MEMORIAL PORT ARTHUR 
MONTGOMERY 
NEDERLAND
NEW CANEY 
PORT NECHES-GROVES
PORTER 
RUDDER
TOMBALL
VIDOR
WILLIS 

Grand Oaks band director- Mr Flake has kids that have been in our TWHS band. His daughter was our head drum major last year, and he was a private lesson teacher for many of our wind ensemble (top band) clarinet students for many years. We are all excited to see what their band becomes as the school grows and they get all the grades at the school. They also took our former pit director to be their percussion director.

I think they will most definitely be an up and coming band once they get all grades in place.

Our directors have been keeping the results quiet (We went to USBands Dekaney in the afternoon and missed the announcement), so I’ve got nothing

You all did TWO marching contests in one day?  That's impressive! Especially on a 95 degree day.

If you directors share the placements at Galena Park, please share them here.

You all did TWO marching contests in one day? That's impressive! Especially on a 95 degree day.

If you directors share the placements at Galena Park, please share them here.

Yeah, yesterday was a very long but fulfilling day!

We got the news really late last night that Porter won in 5A at Galena Park! I believe Willis was second.