Jefferson

Harlan

Champion

Region 32

Cedar Park

Glenn

Rouse

Marble Falls

So I count 26 bands.  Max of five State spots, more likely four.  Cedar Park and Rouse are locks.  Glenn should be in the mix for a spot.  After that, I'm not sure.

Being a current student at Rouse, next year is my final year and a State year. We have been on a constant rise with Mr. Robb and Mr. Johnstone and now with Ms. Hall. I feel that we are going to be able to achieve success next year, just as we did with "Lotus" and "American Tapestries." I am excited to see how we do, along with Cedar Park and Glenn! 

Wouldn't be surprised if Cedar Park or Rouse ended up 2nd in Area and then went on to win a State Title.

That would be very cool. I believe it was 2011 that Cedar park would have missed state had finals been rained out (they were very close to making that decision) and then went on to win state! 

Being a current student at Rouse, next year is my final year and a State year. We have been on a constant rise with Mr. Robb and Mr. Johnstone and now with Ms. Hall. I feel that we are going to be able to achieve success next year, just as we did with "Lotus" and "American Tapestries." I am excited to see how we do, along with Cedar Park and Glenn! 

I feel as if Glenn is about to have a major breakout. They had some set backs this year with not getting drill until much later than most bands (from what I hear) so it likely wasn't as successful of a season as they probably hoped for, but they still performed very well. They have a fantastic staff and when their numbers grow a bit im sure we will definitely be hearing from them. As for Rouse, I was HIGHLY impressed with you guys this year. At San Antonio, the first hit in rocky point holiday had the crowd on their feet. I could see this band VERY high up at San Antonio next year. 

We may be looking at another LISD 5A medal sweep at state if this area is strong across the board. The only band that could spoil that (in my opinion) is Dripping Springs. Of course it is UIL and anything can happen BUT LISD (south) seems to be strong across the board and a 5A medal sweep would likely further solidify that. Idk what they are doing in Cedar Park and Leander (maybe it’s in the water) but all of these LISD programs are strong. I saw Glenn for the first time this year and I was pleasantly surprised at how far they have come. Those directors and kids have set up a SOLID foundation for that program. In 3 years they will be knocking on the door of SA finals, if they aren’t in it.

I disagree that Dripping Springs is the only one that can compete against LISD south. Frisco ISD will be competitive, especially Wakeland. Weiss will also be up there. Highland Park, Poteet, and Roma are all returning groups that you should look out for.

Edit- I know this isn't the state thread, but I just wanted to respond to the above comment.

I disagree that Dripping Springs is the only one that can compete against LISD south. Frisco ISD will be competitive, especially Wakeland. Weiss will also be up there. Highland Park, Poteet, and Roma are all returning groups that you should look out for.

Edit- I know this isn't the state thread, but I just wanted to respond to the above comment.

I'm willing to admit I likely forgot about a large amount of the 5a schools, but I'm still willing have DS be the most likely 5A medalist with CP and Rouse. However I'm also from Central Texas so my bias might show in that assessment.

Those three seem the most likely to me as well. I just dont see Tom Glenn passing up so many of the other established 5A powers to give a leander ISD sweep. Dont forget that 7/10 finalists in 5A in 2017 came from north texas. Many of those bands are not going to be around in 2019 because they moved up to 6A, but it still shows that there is a lot of established strength up there.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Region 32 will be held on Saturday, Oct 19 at Leander HS (Bible Stadium)

2A Mason 1:00 PM

2A San Saba 1:15 PM

3A Florence 1:30 PM

3A Lago Vista 1:45 PM

4A Burnet. 2:00 PM

4A Liberty Hill 2:15 PM

4A Lampasas 2:30 PM

4A Llano 2:45 PM

BREAK 3:00 PM

5A Marble Falls 3:30 PM

5A Cedar Park 3:45 PM

5A Glenn 4:00 PM

5A Rouse 4:15 PM

6A Vandegrift 4:30 PM

6A Westlake 4:45 PM

6A Vista Ridge 5:00 PM

6A Leander 5:15 PM

Exhibition 5:30 PM

University of Texas, Arlington

Region 11 Contest - 10/19 Rutledge Stadium - Judson HS

5A

11:30  Southside

11:45  Legacy

12:00  Kennedy

12:15  C.C. Winn

12:30  Memorial

12:45  Southwest

1:15  Harlandale

1:30  Somerset

1:45  Medina Valley

2:00  McColum

2:15  Wagner

2:30  Veterans Memorial

6A

4:00  South San Antonio

4:15  Clemens

4:30  Steele

4:45  Eagle Pass

5:00  East Central

5:15  Del Rio

5:30  Judson

Region 29 Contest - 10/19 Farris Stadium - Northside ISD

2A

12:20  Junction

12:35  Center Point

12:50  Harper

3A

1:05  Johnson City

1:20  Comfort

1:35  Ingram

4A

1:50  Bandera

2:05  Boerne

2:20  Fredericksburg 

5A  

2:50  Jefferson

3:05  Harlan

3:20  Lanier

3:35  Tivy

3:50  Brackenridge

4:05  Champion

4:20  Sam Houston

4:35  Edison

4:50  Highlands

5:05  Burbank

6A

6:20  Brennan

6:35  Warren

6:50  Brandeis

7:05  Holmes

7:20  Clark

7:35  Taft

7:50  Marshall

8:05  John Jay

8:20  O'Connor

8:35  Stevens

Because I'm waiting for Area H to post their contest schedule...

Region 11

Southside - 1

Legacy - 1

Kennedy - 2

C.C. Winn - 1 

Memorial - 2

Southwest - 1

Harlandale - 1

Somerset - 3

Medina Valley -  1

McColum - 1

Wagner - 1