2019 BOA Grand National Championships

Yeah that is the abbreviation of their name. I wonder who Vandy is the closest to. I see Reagan as the closest to the Blue Knights in terms of style for some reason. They are always the silent but deadly groups. They consistently put out great esoteric designs with one or two word show names and always have a great hornline, but you see them as one of the most humble groups because they never say anything and never do anything wrong.

Leander kind of reminds me of the Bluecoats with their use of electronics and their placement patterns somewhat reflect each other. Both having very strong seasons in 2014, 2015, and 2016. Placement drop in 2017 and both did pretty well in 2018. With how well the Bluecoats are doing this year, maybe Leander will follow suit  :lol:

I think someone already compared Reagan to Blue Knights but I agree and think both have a distinct almost ethereal feel to their shows. Also with very minimal prop use.

And I would compare Keller to the Blue Stars. Both have been steadily on the rise after placing 11th in their respective finals in 2015. Both are also very well rounded programs with slight strengths in brass and guard.

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased my tickets for Grand Nats - prelims, semis and finals - Also purchase plane tickets today for the family - ready for Indy

ready for this

My flights and AirBnB have been booked for months, however I am still waiting on tickets to go on sale for GN. Are you getting your tickets thru CTJ or is there a backdoor GN ticket sales site I don’t know about?

My flights and AirBnB have been booked for months, however I am still waiting on tickets to go on sale for GN. Are you getting your tickets thru CTJ or is there a backdoor GN ticket sales site I don’t know about?

we ordered our tickets through CTJ as part of their block. CTJ performs on Thursday for prelims. we contemplated purchasing seats on their charter flights, but we wanted to decide our own times to come and go. we are staying at the same hotel as the band - strictly out of luck - I booked our room prior to their hotel being assigned. 

we ordered our tickets through CTJ as part of their block. CTJ performs on Thursday for prelims. we contemplated purchasing seats on their charter flights, but we wanted to decide our own times to come and go. we are staying at the same hotel as the band - strictly out of luck - I booked our room prior to their hotel being assigned.

Nice!!

Leander has a Friday morning time slot. We are flying in late Thursday evening. I’ll be drinking lots of coffee.

I’ll be in the same boat- Friday morning prelims for TWHS. We will be flying in sometime on Thursday. And by chance are at the same hotel as the band- even though we booked it back in February.

I think our booster club tickets will be sold for it starting next month. I know the people in charge of it have been going back and forth with BOA emails trying to lock down the group tickets.

I am going to look into flying in on Wednesday. It looks like I will have to go solo, as my wife is most likely going to have a conflict on Saturdays for the next few months. She has given her tentative blessing for me to go to San Antonio and Indianapolis without her.

do any of you have plans to do club level seats for finals?