I've seen all three shows multiple times. 

Poteet is good this year.  The show is well designed and they have gotten good results (4th at BOA Waco). Although i'm not a fan of any group trying to rip off 2018 SCV, they sound good and could definitely make a run for top 3. 

Highland Park is also very good this year.  This might be my favorite show this marching season. I haven't seen this group not win a contest yet. I am really rooting for this group. 

Forney's show this year is one of the least entertaining shows i've seen this season.  On the bright side, they're getting cleaner and cleaner.  Last state year, this group barely missed finals.  This year I know they're hoping for better. 

All three of these groups could make Finals at state this year (especially with Roma getting disqualified from state this year). 

I don't think Poteet has gone to any BOA competitions this year

Official Schedule: 

Poteet- 10:00 am 

Forney- 10:15 am 

Bryan Adams- 10:30 am 

Royse City- 10:45 am

Woodrow wilson- 11:00 am 

Sunset- 11:15 am 

Sulphur Springs- 11:30 am 

West Mesquite- 12:30 pm

Lindale- 12:45 pm 

Marshall- 1:00 pm

Mount Pleasant- 1:15 pm

Pine Tree- 1:30 pm

Texas High- 1:45 pm 

Kaufman- 2:15 pm

South Garland- 2:30 pm

Midlothian- 2:45 pm

Greenville- 3:00 pm

North Forney- 3:15 pm

John Tyler- 3:45 pm

Red Oak- 4:00 pm

Highland Park- 4:15 pm

White House- 4:30 pm

Terrell- 4:45 pm

Poteet went to DFW BOA but their view point is not to be successful at BOA. Its to be successful at State. They use BOA as a gauge on how they are doing at that point in the season. Also, DFW BOA is on the same date as the Mesquite Marching Festival and they have to play there too. 

Poteet went to DFW BOA but their view point is not to be successful at BOA. Its to be successful at State. They use BOA as a gauge on how they are doing at that point in the season. Also, DFW BOA is on the same date as the Mesquite Marching Festival and they have to play there too. 

Regardless, Poteet should do very well at state this year.  I am thinking a top 5 placement 

I did a little digging, and it looks like V.R. Eaton has moved up to 6A (as well as Waxahachie for those who didn't know), while The Colony, Lake Dallas, and Northwest moved to 5A Area B.

In the Area there are:

• 10 bands in Region 3
  • 5 in Region 4
  • 16 in Region 20
  • 7 in Region 21

That's a total of 38 bands in this Area, but Region 20 holds all of the Dallas ISD bands.

[Opinion]

The number of bands I feel like are guaranteed 1's are 21 bands, most likely is 4 bands, and least likely is 3.

Maximum # of Area Qualifiers = 28

Area C will for sure have 4 bands advance to state, and it's plausible that they send 5. With that being said, here are my finalists predictions (for a contest that is 11.5 months away  :D) in no particular order.

1-3) Highland Park, Poteet, Forney

4-6) North Forney, Midlothian, Red Oak

7-10) Texas, Royse City, West Mesquite, Lindale (Military-style  ;))

HP, Poteet, and Forney SHOULD be locks for State Advancers. The last spot or two could go to either North Forney, Midlothian, Red Oak. And I know West Mesquite doesn't have a great record historically, but they've received straight ones for the past 3 years and their show this year was tons better than last year.

SOMEONE must have the Time Stone!  Good job!