I did a little digging, and it looks like V.R. Eaton has moved up to 6A (as well as Waxahachie for those who didn't know), while The Colony, Lake Dallas, and Northwest moved to 5A Area B.

In the Area there are:

• 10 bands in Region 3
  • 5 in Region 4
  • 16 in Region 20
  • 7 in Region 21

That's a total of 38 bands in this Area, but Region 20 holds all of the Dallas ISD bands.

[Opinion]

The number of bands I feel like are guaranteed 1's are 21 bands, most likely is 4 bands, and least likely is 3.

Maximum # of Area Qualifiers = 28

Area C will for sure have 4 bands advance to state, and it's plausible that they send 5. With that being said, here are my finalists predictions (for a contest that is 11.5 months away  :D) in no particular order.

1-3) Highland Park, Poteet, Forney

4-6) North Forney, Midlothian, Red Oak

7-10) Texas, Royse City, West Mesquite, Lindale (Military-style  ;))

HP, Poteet, and Forney SHOULD be locks for State Advancers. The last spot or two could go to either North Forney, Midlothian, Red Oak. And I know West Mesquite doesn't have a great record historically, but they've received straight ones for the past 3 years and their show this year was tons better than last year.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Poteet, Forney, and Highland Park make state, next 2 spots are between Midlothian, Red Oak, North Forney, and Royse City has shown lots of improvement that makes me want to consider them a dark horse. So I’ll put those 7 as my locks for finals, the next 3 spots are anyone’s game as so many bands have moved divisions/areas. I feel like if I HAD to pick 3 based off what I’ve seen, Texas High, Kaufman, and Lindale, unless there’s another solid band from the DFW I’m forgetting about.

I am a Red Oak Mama, so of course I want us to go this year!  We have a new head director and all new staff except for Guard and Front Ensemble.  It has been a year of adjustments and changes for our program, but I believe our kids have done an amazing job and this show is like nothing we have ever put on the field.  I have seen HP, Midlo, Poteet, and Forney's show.  They are all extremely good and very well executed. I too believe are locks.  I have yet to see North Forney's.  It will definitely be a battle.  I am excited to see how it all turns out!  Also anxious to see the ending of our show! LOL...  Good luck everyone.

A total of 28 bands qualified. 5 for sure are not coming, Nacodoches , Lufkin, Ennis, Jacksonville, Hallsville,  

My predictions for advancing to state: 

1. Poteet

2. Forney

3. HIghland Park

4. Red Oak? 

5. North Forney? 

Spoilers may be Lindale or Royce City. 

The Colony is not in Area C. 

I am a Red Oak Mama, so of course I want us to go this year!  We have a new head director and all new staff except for Guard and Front Ensemble.  It has been a year of adjustments and changes for our program, but I believe our kids have done an amazing job and this show is like nothing we have ever put on the field.  I have seen HP, Midlo, Poteet, and Forney's show.  They are all extremely good and very well executed. I too believe are locks.  I have yet to see North Forney's.  It will definitely be a battle.  I am excited to see how it all turns out!  Also anxious to see the ending of our show! LOL...  Good luck everyone.

Y'all have Souths old director, Mr. Wood. He's a great guy, and a wonderful director, and I hope he can get y'all there!