2019 BOA San Antonio

Blue Springs placed 6th last time they came to SA, I believe, and they’ve improved a lot since then

Oh I agree, but so have the top Texas bands.  And then there are the up and coming Texas bands.  Blue Springs is great, but they would have more competition in Texas these days than they did the last time they came.  

Oh I agree, but so have the top Texas bands. And then there are the up and coming Texas bands. Blue Springs is great, but they would have more competition in Texas these days than they did the last time they came.

I definitely agree, but even with the increase in competition, I could see Blue Springs joining the elite group of Carmel, Avon, and Owasso and breaking into the top 5 at SA

On a seperate note- Rouse moved up 21 placed from 48th place to 27th place between 2017 and 2018. Imagine if they did that again next year...

They jumped about 8.5 points (huge props to them). If they do that again they could win. Although I think it is a little easier going from 77.55 to 86 than it is 86 to 94.5, but it can be done...

Let’s get 5 LISD-S in finals! It’s certainly in reach. LISD-S already has the record for most schools from one district in finals, with four. It has also now tied for most schools in the top half of finals with LISD-N. But LISD-N remains, with NEISD (multiple times over), as the only districts with two in the medal podium.

Indeed, LISD-N is the only district to have done this at both BOA San Antonio and 5A/6A State. LISD-S and Spring ISD have also accomplished this at State.

Unfortunately Weiss lost their head director so I guess we will see how that affects them. In the event that it does not affect them all that much, we could also see them put up a fight at 5a state.

I’d like to add something that a lot of people seem to have missed. Weiss jumped 23 places from 58th to 35th as well as adding about 13 points to their score. They were only about 2 points behind Rouse this year and I think they could at least put up a fight in AA next year

Will they remain in AA, or move up to AAA since they will have 10-12 next year? How large is the attendance there?

2019 predictions for BOA SA Finals - in Alpha order

• CTJ
  • Hebron
  • Leander
  • Round Rock
  • TWHS

these are all Gnats bound programs and I have to this think that they will bringing a big show to San Antonio

I have heard about the "timing of the peak" but I do not see program missing finals in SA and pulling a medal 2 weeks later in Indy

2019 predictions for BOA SA Finals - in Alpha order

• CTJ
  • Hebron
  • Leander
  • Round Rock
  • TWHS
these are all Gnats bound programs and I have to this think that they will bringing a big show to San Antonio

I have heard about the "timing of the peak" but I do not see program missing finals in SA and pulling a medal 2 weeks later in Indy

It will be quite an interesting year with the GN bound bands looking to do well at SA and still not peak for two more weeks!

The last time there were 2 weeks between SA and GN was 2015. Hebron, The Woodlands, Round Rock, and Keller all made SA finals and GN finals that year so I would expect something similar in 2019 too. Keller Central was the fifth TX attendee that year, and missed finals at both contests (24th at SA and 22nd at GN).