657 replies to this topic

#241 principalagent

principalagent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 11:58 AM

If VM makes finals, they really need to finish what they started in Indy in 2020. California has had only one Grand National finalist since the beginning of the century and that needs to change!

#242 DrumCorpsGeek

DrumCorpsGeek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:42 PM

If VM makes finals, they really need to finish what they started in Indy in 2020. California has had only one Grand National finalist since the beginning of the century and that needs to change!

It’ll be interesting to see how Ayala performs and places this GN.

#243 Majellan

Majellan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:17 PM

POPULAR

Let's go, Vista Murrieta!

Okay, I'm leaving now. :P

Yes, I love for people from out of state to come over to the Texas forums and talk. Avon dad has been like a member of the family since Avon came down a couple of years ago. There are others as well,I respect a band that is willing to test themselves against the gauntlet of outstanding Texas bands. Certainly isn’t the easy road. If we’re being honest they always could’ve gone to St. Louis and probably made finals, so I’m excited to see how VM does here.

#244 AvonDad

AvonDad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationAvon, Indiana

Posted 30 June 2019 - 02:18 AM

POPULAR

Yes, I love for people from out of state to come over to the Texas forums and talk. Avon dad has been like a member of the family since Avon came down a couple of years ago. There are others as well,I respect a band that is willing to test themselves against the gauntlet of outstanding Texas bands. Certainly isn’t the easy road. If we’re being honest they always could’ve gone to St. Louis and probably made finals, so I’m excited to see how VM does here.

Thanks Majellan!  And to CaliGirl96... I found out there really is Texas Hospitality here.  Our group was treated very well by the Texas fans while in SA and I'm confident they will roll out the red carpet for VM as well.  They were so good to us, well so was the insane competition, that I'm planning on being at SA this year just for the fun of it with no particular dog in the fight.  Welcome to the boards!

Band parent alumni of 2 drummers and 1 show choir....finally "seniored out"......marched trumpet back in the "Be Kind, Please Rewind" days.

#245 Danpod

Danpod

Do you danPod?

• Administrators
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 30 June 2019 - 04:35 PM

POPULAR

We always love when the out-of-towners communicate/hang out with us!  This event is very unique in the activity and it needs to be experienced by as many people as possible.

Besides, we'll look for any excuse to smoke more brisket.

Danpod Valdres - Moderator at Txbands.com

#246 ioncewaslost

ioncewaslost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:14 PM

I've been talking with someone from Vista Murrieta a little bit and they've been saying they've taken every aspect of their show design and rehearsal techniques up a notch for this season. I fully expect to see something VERY special from them this year and they definitely have a great chance at making finals.

That’s very cool on so many levels. The fact that they’re coming to Texas first of all, but even more so that they feel the need to up their game. I can’t wait for this one.

Yes, it's evident even from their social media. Their posts between last season and this season are much more driven and purposeful. Not to mention the many cool activities their student leadership has engaged in already...it's going to be awesome.

#247 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:31 PM

Umm  I don't have the patience to put this somewhere else right now but my chrome is acting really weird right now. For some reason a lot of the websites that I go to are taking to long to respond right now for some reason. This site only loads if I physically type "https://" in front of the url, and I have to do that for every page I visit. Someone please help me. I already reset chrome and it's still doing the same thing. My laptop is a 2013 model hp. Could there be something wrong with the laptop or is it google chrome?

James Madison H.S Class of 2020

Trombone player

2016 - EnLIGHTened

2017 - Nocturnal Creature

2018 - The Ascent

2019 - Under Construction

I love weather and music. Hot and steamy summers combined with marching rehearsal = heaven!

#248 TWHSParent

TWHSParent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:58 PM

Umm  I don't have the patience to put this somewhere else right now but my chrome is acting really weird right now. For some reason a lot of the websites that I go to are taking to long to respond right now for some reason. This site only loads if I physically type "https://" in front of the url, and I have to do that for every page I visit. Someone please help me. I already reset chrome and it's still doing the same thing. My laptop is a 2013 model hp. Could there be something wrong with the laptop or is it google chrome?

I'm not an IT guy, but it sounds to me like a DNS issue with your ISP. They happen from time to time, and isn't tied to your computer/browser. Another possibility is your router needs to be rebooted.

Of course, more knowledgeable people are around....

#249 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:47 PM

OK it seems to have been fixed. I reset chrome and restarted the computer. I forgot the restart the computer part.

Trombone player

2016 - EnLIGHTened

2018 - The Ascent

I love weather and music. Hot and steamy summers combined with marching rehearsal = heaven!

#250 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:47 PM

Thank you @TWHSParent

Trombone player

2016 - EnLIGHTened

2018 - The Ascent

#251 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:02 AM

Back to the Vista Murrieta discussion. I truly hope they make finals if for no other reason than to see their colorguard perform twice. You guys are in for a real treat if you haven’t seen these kids in action. They are magical.
Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

#252 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:08 PM

Back to the Vista Murrieta discussion. I truly hope they make finals if for no other reason than to see their colorguard perform twice. You guys are in for a real treat if you haven’t seen these kids in action. They are magical.

You sound like you have already seen them rehearsing somewhere lol. Did you see them during WGI or something?

Trombone player

2016 - EnLIGHTened

2018 - The Ascent

#253 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:45 PM

You sound like you have already seen them rehearsing somewhere lol. Did you see them during WGI or something?

Yes I watched them on flomarching during WGI season and there are plenty of videos available as well. The truly fascinating thing about VM is that they start those kids SERIOUSLY performing in ELEMENTARY school. And those elementary kids are better than plenty of JV and some varsity guards in Texas. Blew my mind watching them.

#254 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:49 PM

Check these amazing little munchkins out!

https://youtu.be/Bji2rvb9TN8

#255 MadisonBandMan1

MadisonBandMan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 13 July 2019 - 08:33 PM

HOLY COW THOSE ARE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL KIDS???? Okay, I think you have made your point LeanderMomma. I shall sit down and wish every elementary school in Texas could have that now.

Trombone player

2016 - EnLIGHTened

2018 - The Ascent

#256 zoomer

zoomer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 10:14 PM

I’d want to see SFA go here, sucks to see them end their season early with St. Louis.

#257 Cityscapes

Cityscapes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 03:15 AM

I’d want to see SFA go here, sucks to see them end their season early with St. Louis.

I do believe they will be very successful in St Louis. I think they could place decently here, but arent quite ready to challenge for finals again.

#258 BlueCircle

BlueCircle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 03:52 AM

SA finals will be an absolute bloodbath this year (not like it isn’t one every year). I think SFA is making a good move going to St. Louis.

#259 Aleavy_ORHS.Band

Aleavy_ORHS.Band

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 04:53 PM

I know it’s quite early but does anyone have any predictions?

#260 Cityscapes

Cityscapes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:11 PM

Im kinda thinking the top of finals stays more or less the same with maybe Westlake moving up more, I think LD Bell, Cedar Ridge, Marcus, and Hendrickson are the only non locks who were in finals last year, and could potentially slip out at the likes of a band like Oak Ridge, Seven Lakes, Prosper, Bowie, or even Rouse.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

abtwitch