#1982 Lemondude617

Lemondude617

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:29 PM

Page 100!!

Proud trombone player and alumnus of the Spartan Band.

Seven Lakes 2015 ~ What Lies Beneath

Seven Lakes 2016 ~ The Art of Music

Seven Lakes 2017 ~ The Shining

Seven Lakes 2018 ~ DYEVergent

>>Come support Seven Lakes 2019 ~ Blue Bizarre!

10/5/19 ~ BOA Katy

10/12/19 ~ Katy Marching Festival

10/19/19 ~BOA Waco

10/22/19 ~ UIL Region 23

11/2/19 ~ USBands Spring

#1983 BenedictCucumberpatch

BenedictCucumberpatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:24 PM

Maybe this one?

Well it looks like I lost this one

#1984 FloMoParent

FloMoParent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationFlower Mound, TX

Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:15 PM

last post?

We ARE Flower Mound!
#FloMoBringTheMoJo

#1985 MarchingBandLife

MarchingBandLife

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:39 PM

no

#1986 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:10 PM

POPULAR

I never did do my own analysis of the weekend, not that it matters really at this point.  There was so much I wanted to say, but just haven't been able to find the proper words really to talk about all of the amazing experiences I had last weekend at what was easily the best and most incredible band contest I personally have ever witnessed.  Part of me is even a bit apprehensive of going to Grand Nationals now in fear that it will be a giant letdown after what I experienced last weekend in the Alamodome.  I know that it won't, and that it will still be amazing, but I am not sure it will be able to capture the same magic that the 2019 BOA San Antonio Super Regional did for me.  

I will just touch on some highlights because there isn't enough time or words for me to really portray how incredible the weekend was.  And as chatty as I am, just giving you the highlights will be enough, I'm sure.  Probably more than you ever asked for....but I digress.  Here we go...

• this was easily the most incredible level of competition I've ever witnessed as far as bands go.  Not only did Reagan have the highest score ever recorded at a Super Regional, but Leander had their personal best highest score as well, and that was a FOURTH place score.  The competition level was through the roof.
  • there were bands I had only vaguely heard of in recent years who absolutely blew me away.  Some examples of that were...
  • Obra D Tompkins and their beautiful Danza Espanola show.  The colorguard was just incredible...and those POLKA DOT FLAGS...wow.  This show was just gorgeous. 
  • Cypress Falls was another great group that entertained with their brilliant Wonderland show.  Just phenomenal.  
  • Weiss and it's stunning Scarlet Dance Company.  That Egyptian "Golden Goddess" show was just so thrilling and beautiful to look at.  And the music so gorgeous.  I truly couldn't get enough.  I didn't want it to end!
  • Coppell....just WOW.  So innovative with everyone wearing those long head dress filmy things.  The music so raw and powerful.  It was a superb show that would have been top half of finals in any other Regional or Super Regional I have to believe.  Soooo good.  
  • Vista Murrieta showing us what an insanely talented color guard looks like and why they are one of the top two bands in the entire state of California.  I'm SO glad they came to Texas and I almost wish it hadn't been as intense of a year for Texas bands so that they could have made finals.  Almost...
  • Roma giving us a taste of why they are so good and what a huge shame it is that they were disqualified from 5A state because of that unfortunate timing issue at Area.  They would have done SO WELL at state and I hope they just come back next time better than ever.  They will be back!!
  • Pioneer, one of my favorite valley bands these past two years, just really brought it and they played Chris Isaac which is always a big plus in my book.  They will be rising higher and higher in coming years as well, mark my words.
  • CY FAIR!!!  How cool was that Fall For You show?!!  Not only was it musically beautiful, but the trees with the falling leaves?!  I will never forget that one.  Just a gorgeous show.  And how impressive were all those kids pulling out rakes to get all those leaves up in mere moments?!  Great stuff there Cy Fair!
  • Wakeland.  Oh how I loved their Rocketship show about Apollo 11!  Definitely one of my top favorite non finalist shows, hands down.  
  • Dawson may have blown me away more than any other non finalist band on Saturday.  That show was absolutely STUNNING.  Visually and musically just so powerful and beautiful.  I didn't want that one to ever end.  Look this one up on youtube if you can find it.  It's so good!
  • Aledo...another really powerful performance that was just brilliant.  This band was on fire Saturday.  
  • John B Alexander.  Have I mentioned before how much I love them?  Their Minutes to Midnight show was so intense and the props were just fantastic.  Where did they get that COOL vault?!  And how did they unroll an entire football field sized tarp and then march their show on it without missing a beat?  Their show definitely gave me Leander vibes, but yet it was most definitely very unique and very JBA.  And they played so well.  It was just another brilliant show that really moved me.  
  • ALL of the finalists bands.  Every one of them was beyond brilliant.  There are no words for the level of performance that the finalist bands brought this year. No words.  
  • Leander...of course.  The band of my heart.  When they performed Radioactive in prelims, the crowd was just on FIRE.  It was the hugest rush I have ever gotten from watching the activity and that show is truly the best Leander show to date.  I can't wait to see it in Lucas Oil next week.  I hope the crowd is as responsive there as it was in San Antonio.  Just wow, what an enjoyable show, and you can sure tell that the kids are enjoying performing it.  

The most uplifting and incredible experience that I had last weekend was getting to briefly meet the John B Alexander band.  Yes, the ENTIRE band.  Their director reached out to me and asked if I would, and I was so honored (and slightly terrified) to say hello to those amazing kids and tell them how fantastic I think they are.  I wish I had had more time to spend with them and that I could have let them each know how much their performances move me.  I can't wait to see how much this band grows because the potential there is just huge.  JBA, let me just say that I love you guys, and I am so anxious to see what you all bring to the field next year.  You are just an incredible group of performers and fantastic human beings, and please don't ever think that you aren't as good as other Texas bands because you guys are beyond impressive.  Keep doing what you do, and you will gain the recognition that you deserve.  But most of all, you will gain self respect and the respect of your peers for all of your hard work and incredible talent.  You guys KNOW how good you are.  Pretty soon, others around you will come to recognize it as well.  

Okay, we can shut down the 2019 BOA San Antonio thread now.  :lol:  What a weekend.  What a contest.  What an incredible massive field of phenomenal talent.  

Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

#1987 zoomer

zoomer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:57 PM

I never did do my own analysis of the weekend, not that it matters really at this point. There was so much I wanted to say, but just haven't been able to find the proper words really to talk about all of the amazing experiences I had last weekend at what was easily the best and most incredible band contest I personally have ever witnessed. Part of me is even a bit apprehensive of going to Grand Nationals now in fear that it will be a giant letdown after what I experienced last weekend in the Alamodome. I know that it won't, and that it will still be amazing, but I am not sure it will be able to capture the same magic that the 2019 BOA San Antonio Super Regional did for me.

I will just touch on some highlights because there isn't enough time or words for me to really portray how incredible the weekend was. And as chatty as I am, just giving you the highlights will be enough, I'm sure. Probably more than you ever asked for....but I digress. Here we go...

• this was easily the most incredible level of competition I've ever witnessed as far as bands go. Not only did Reagan have the highest score ever recorded at a Super Regional, but Leander had their personal best highest score as well, and that was a FOURTH place score. The competition level was through the roof.
  • there were bands I had only vaguely heard of in recent years who absolutely blew me away. Some examples of that were...
  • Obra D Tompkins and their beautiful Danza Espanola show. The colorguard was just incredible...and those POLKA DOT FLAGS...wow. This show was just gorgeous.
  • Cypress Falls was another great group that entertained with their brilliant Wonderland show. Just phenomenal.
  • Weiss and it's stunning Scarlet Dance Company. That Egyptian "Golden Goddess" show was just so thrilling and beautiful to look at. And the music so gorgeous. I truly couldn't get enough. I didn't want it to end!
  • Coppell....just WOW. So innovative with everyone wearing those long head dress filmy things. The music so raw and powerful. It was a superb show that would have been top half of finals in any other Regional or Super Regional I have to believe. Soooo good.
  • Vista Murrieta showing us what an insanely talented color guard looks like and why they are one of the top two bands in the entire state of California. I'm SO glad they came to Texas and I almost wish it hadn't been as intense of a year for Texas bands so that they could have made finals. Almost...
  • Roma giving us a taste of why they are so good and what a huge shame it is that they were disqualified from 5A state because of that unfortunate timing issue at Area. They would have done SO WELL at state and I hope they just come back next time better than ever. They will be back!!
  • Pioneer, one of my favorite valley bands these past two years, just really brought it and they played Chris Isaac which is always a big plus in my book. They will be rising higher and higher in coming years as well, mark my words.
  • CY FAIR!!! How cool was that Fall For You show?!! Not only was it musically beautiful, but the trees with the falling leaves?! I will never forget that one. Just a gorgeous show. And how impressive were all those kids pulling out rakes to get all those leaves up in mere moments?! Great stuff there Cy Fair!
  • Wakeland. Oh how I loved their Rocketship show about Apollo 11! Definitely one of my top favorite non finalist shows, hands down.
  • Dawson may have blown me away more than any other non finalist band on Saturday. That show was absolutely STUNNING. Visually and musically just so powerful and beautiful. I didn't want that one to ever end. Look this one up on youtube if you can find it. It's so good!
  • Aledo...another really powerful performance that was just brilliant. This band was on fire Saturday.
  • John B Alexander. Have I mentioned before how much I love them? Their Minutes to Midnight show was so intense and the props were just fantastic. Where did they get that COOL vault?! And how did they unroll an entire football field sized tarp and then march their show on it without missing a beat? Their show definitely gave me Leander vibes, but yet it was most definitely very unique and very JBA. And they played so well. It was just another brilliant show that really moved me.
  • ALL of the finalists bands. Every one of them was beyond brilliant. There are no words for the level of performance that the finalist bands brought this year. No words.
  • Leander...of course. The band of my heart. When they performed Radioactive in prelims, the crowd was just on FIRE. It was the hugest rush I have ever gotten from watching the activity and that show is truly the best Leander show to date. I can't wait to see it in Lucas Oil next week. I hope the crowd is as responsive there as it was in San Antonio. Just wow, what an enjoyable show, and you can sure tell that the kids are enjoying performing it.
The most uplifting and incredible experience that I had last weekend was getting to briefly meet the John B Alexander band. Yes, the ENTIRE band. Their director reached out to me and asked if I would, and I was so honored (and slightly terrified) to say hello to those amazing kids and tell them how fantastic I think they are. I wish I had had more time to spend with them and that I could have let them each know how much their performances move me. I can't wait to see how much this band grows because the potential there is just huge. JBA, let me just say that I love you guys, and I am so anxious to see what you all bring to the field next year. You are just an incredible group of performers and fantastic human beings, and please don't ever think that you aren't as good as other Texas bands because you guys are beyond impressive. Keep doing what you do, and you will gain the recognition that you deserve. But most of all, you will gain self respect and the respect of your peers for all of your hard work and incredible talent. You guys KNOW how good you are. Pretty soon, others around you will come to recognize it as well.

Okay, we can shut down the 2019 BOA San Antonio thread now. :lol: What a weekend. What a contest. What an incredible massive field of phenomenal talent.

Now it’s leander/jba momma

#1988 TWHSParent

TWHSParent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:54 PM

POPULAR

Random Factoid:

Ronald Reagan now owns the highest and lowest score ever at San Antonio Finals: 77.35 in 2009, and 97.3 in 2019.

#1989 LHSbandDad

LHSbandDad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationLeander, TX

Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:43 PM

Random Factoid:

Ronald Reagan now owns the highest and lowest score ever at San Antonio Finals: 77.35 in 2009, and 97.3 in 2019.

What a perfect stat to show how far the State of Texas and BOA SA has come in 10 years.  77.35 would have been 52nd place in 2019.  Amazing progress from both Reagan and the entire state!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)