I noticed that the 2018 BOA San Antonio post was started in late November last year. as we are now 8 hours removed from the BOA SA Finals, i think it is time to start thinking about what next year will bring. as we all know there are band directors across the state that are already thinking this as they pour their first cup of joe this morning - some have already been planning.
the 2018 BOA SA post had 1,185 replies (and will get more in the next week or so) and more than 136,000 views - so lets get started
so let's start by looking at the top five from this weekend
- FlowerMound - 3rd gold in 4 years - in 2014 FloMo was 13th in Finals in SA - in 2015,16 and 18 gold - amazing
- Reagan - coming back strong - looking like the Reagan of a dozen years ago
- Hebron - always the Bridesmaid? since 2014 they have placed 6th, 4th, 5th, 2nd, and now 3rd. such an awesome musical program. but GE is a huge part of the score. in those past 5 years, their GE score has never been higher than their placements - though 2018 was their best GE placement at 3rd
- Vista Ridge - your party has arrived. placing 16 in prelims in 2017 to 4th in 2018. Loved the show on Saturday. I had predicted 3rd after that finals performance - cannot wait to see what 2019 will bring. is it more of the same?
- CTJ - 8 years in the top 5 in SA for a school open 11 years - and 2 SA wins in the past 5 years. shows are always out of the box - what will next year bring?
how many of these programs will venture to Indy in 2019?
will any of them venture out of state for other BOA shows other than Indy?
is there a tie to the last 5 BOA SA winners have a Jaguar mascot (FloMo and CTJ)?
will we see more changes to the BOA SA format -went from 64 to 84 bands this year and the panel 1 and 2 prelim format. is there more changes coming?
so there it is - let the discussions begin