What Texas band has the coolest uniform?

It depends, really. I like the idea of bands remaining traditional but it's always nice to see change. Bands like CTJ and FloMo have more theatrical shows than bands like Hebron and Marcus, so it makes sense to change their uniforms to fit the show's theme.

CTJ uniforms have the ability to change out parts each year to modify them to accent the theme of the show, but they are also designed to dance/increase body movement - there are some significant differences in the design and function of those uniforms from a traditional band uniform.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dripping Springs alum here. I really loved our uniforms (grad. '18). I felt they were a great balance between "branding" us but giving flexibility for show design with the interchangeable inserts. We alternated plume colors and shako pieces a couple times too. I believe this year they have decided to go the "dance top" route, like what Vista Ridge had in 2018. 

CTJ's always have great General Effect, IMO it's neat they change every year. It really allows them to put on a very thematic performance, although, I personally do not think they look great up close. Round Rock also has nice uniforms IMO. I know everybody misses the iconic maroon, but I think the revamped style gives them a more forward and flashier identity. The monotone theme is probably more employable in terms of show design. 

Of course, these are just my opinions. Every school has their reasons for choosing the uniform style they do, and I do not think the uniform detracts from the overall performance.