My bad! I am referring to Area C 4A! Sorry, I am new here.

If you want some info on area C, here's some helpful things

All Bands in 4A Area C and their region results for the past 3 years

I would expect all of the bands who've had 1s for 3 years now to keep getting them, and bands who've mostly gotten 2s to keep getting 2s, but there are a select few who I think might surprise us.

And here's the performance draw order for area prelims, it may get shuffled but this is what it is as of now. I would also expect most of the area finalists to return, adding Lumberton in Atlanta's place thanks to both moving down a conference. (Lumberton was a 5A state band in 2017)

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/01cf2c57-dbf4-44f3-9ca9-a570517bcc43/downloads/1ckvac0f6_154652.pdf

The massive drop in 4A bands thanks to alignments probably means 4 state spots, but you never know, 2016 seemed to have a lot of "state year mercy" with bands getting their only 1 in that span during 2016

6A Performance order.  Every one of these bands made 1's at region last year, so I would expect all 27 to qualify this year, with top 5 advancing to state:

Marcus
North Mesquite
Tyler Lee
Rowlett
JJ Pearce
McKinney
Longview
Lake Highlands
Sachse
Richardson
Mesquite
Flower Mound
Berkner
Garland
Guyer
Byron Nelson
Lewisville
Rockwall Heath
North Garland
Allen
Rockwall
Lakeview Centennial
Wylie
McKinney Boyd
Hebron
John Horn
Eaton

6A Performance order.  Every one of these bands made 1's at region last year, so I would expect all 27 to qualify this year, with top 5 advancing to state:

Marcus

North Mesquite

Tyler Lee

Rowlett

JJ Pearce

McKinney

Longview

Lake Highlands

Sachse

Richardson

Mesquite

Flower Mound

Berkner

Garland

Guyer

Byron Nelson

Lewisville

Rockwall Heath

North Garland

Allen

Rockwall

Lakeview Centennial

Wylie

McKinney Boyd

Hebron

John Horn

Eaton

I believe finalists will be mostly if not the same as last year and the state bands will too, FloMo, Hebron, Marcus, Berkner, and Wylie (in last state year's order, not my prediction for this year). 

Region 10 4A should have a strong showing at Area C this year in Longview! Might prove quite interesting.

Indeed! It's a showdown between Region 4's North Lamar and Spring Hill, who are the definitive locks for state, and Region 10's Lumberton, LCM, and Bridge City. With 3 of these 5 bands placing 1st, 3rd, and 4th in state honor band respectively, and Lumberton moving down from 5A making state in 2017. Region 4 will also have quite the show with Paris and Pleasant Grove. I'm sure the top 7 or 8 in this area could all make state in just about any other area besides B!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All Region 3 schools have qualified for Area. 

Berkner HS - 1

Garland HS - 1

JJ Pearce HS - 1

John Horn HS - 1

Lake Highlands HS - 1

Lakeview Centennial HS - 1

Mesquite HS - 1

North Garland HS - 1

North Mesquite HS - 1 

Richardson HS - 1

Rowlett HS - 1

Sachse HS - 1

Bold indicated that this band has qualified for state in the previous state year.
Underline indicate that this band has made Area finals in the previous state year.

Region 25 Results

Allen - 2 (Score Pending Review)

McKinney Boyd - 1

McKinney - 1

Rockwall Heath - 1

Rockwall - 1

Wylie - 1

Bold indicated that this band has qualified for state in the previous state year.

Underline indicate that this band has made Area finals in the previous state year.

Strikethrough indicate that this band did not qualify for area this year

Region 25 Results

Allen - 2

McKinney Boyd - 1

McKinney - 1

Rockwall Heath - 1

Rockwall - 1

Wylie - 1

Strikethrough indicate that this band did not qualify for area this year

Allen got a 2?????

That seems impossible. You should have seen some of the 4A bands today that got 1s in Region 32.

Smaller classifications are also typically held to a lower standard for a 1, but not much lower. I've saw plenty of surprising 1s today though (hopefully the standard isn't becoming too low). But Allen definitely got all 1s and was knocked by the penalty