Photo

Ok band parents, how TRULY nerdy and “all in” are you for your affiliate band program?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Percplayer19

Percplayer19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:47 AM

In 2007 my oldest started My Journey into marching band. Richland was in its hey day and I started by volunteering  filling the water jugs and transporting to events along with my youngest boy who would join the band in 2010. That was last year Richland attended BOA Gran Nationals with a top 10 finish in finals with Grand Champion L.D. Bell attending that year. That was the start of my love for volunteering for the Rebel band. I served as VP of Equipment for the booster club and in 2010 we purchased a 53 ft. trailer we call Big Blue. I obtained my Class A CDL so I could help drive the truck that pulls our trailer and this year 2019 I am gearing up again to drive for the Rebel band. I got to see both my boys march in the 2011 Rose Bowel Parade in Pasadena (Didn't get drive BB due to an accident) but watchin my oldest (Senor/ Drum Major) and youngest (Freshman) was one of the greatest moments in all the memories of band. Seeing my oldest perform at Gran Nationals was my second. Though I no longer have any kids in band I feel all the kids each year in band our mine. I love volunteering because its a Heart Thing but when I pull in into an event with Big Blue I feel a pride and know that Richland High Rebel band is a recognized program. One of my traditions is to always come out on first day of band camp and talk with the directors, see the new freshman and congratulate the new drum majors. I don't if this makes me a nerd but I do enjoy this time of year and hope to continue until I cant do it any more or as I tell the directors it becomes a job ( I already have a full time job) and I don't enjoy it.

#42 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 02 August 2019 - 12:38 PM

That’s some good stuff right there, Dad. REALLY good stuff.
Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users