UIL 4A State

Watch out for Area C in paticular, with North Lamar currently defending both marching and honor band titles, Little Cypress Mauriceville with 3rd at Honor band and looking to move up from an 11th place finish in marching, and Bridge City placing 4th in honor band. There's also Spring Hill who I've heard is performing a very difficult military drill this year, and will almost certainly be a lock. There is Lumberton who made 5A state in 2017 and was moved into this 4A area, Paris trying to return after their first state trip ever, and Pleasant Grove who is almost certainly still an underdog in size, but will be unpredictable as always.

Area B will also be AMAZING, just imagine what Argyle is preparing with intentions to take back their title! I got to hear Canton in person, and let me say, WOW, they are fierce, powerful, and apparently beat North Lamar for the marching caption @ Princeton. Wills Point and Melissa will also be amazing as usual, and Melissa will look to move up after missing state by 1 spot, and with Princeton gone they will definitely do just that. Some much less well known bands such as Community are also on the rise, and you can't forget Farmersville, who's now in 4A after a silver medal finish in 3A.

Last year these areas contributed the top 5 bands in the state, 1st-5th place were all Areas B and C. I expect them to return with 5 state finalists again. (North Lamar, Argyle, Spring Hill, Wills Point, Canton, and perhaps Melissa or a new one from Area C)

These are just the areas I'm familiar with the most, and I'm willing to bet they will contribute some major state finalists this year. As far as suprises though, I havent seen enough bands in person to throw one in the mix, and 4A doesn't get enough online publicity for me to know otherwise.

I have watched all 3 of the "Big 3" from Region 10 (Little Cypress, Lumberton and Bridge City) and I have to say I really like both Little Cypress and Lumberton's show this year.

I wasant really impressed with Bridge City's show, but I watched it last week and they couldn't practice much because the rain recently.

I find it funny, I think both Lumberton and Little Cypress have the sound of silence in their show's.

I didnt really like Lumberton's opener but I loved the rest of the show. The ending is amazing!

Little Cypress's show is kinda a weird show design, but if they can execute then they should be good.

Area C will be quite interesting, but sadly I wont be able to make it this year.

Side note, Bridge City is still a REALLY strong band as all of the "Big 3" from region 10 are, I just find the show lacking the wow factor compared to Lumberton and Lcm's. Bridge city has executed really well in the past, so they are NOT down for the count.

• 1 year later...

Watch out for Area C in paticular, with North Lamar currently defending both marching and honor band titles, Little Cypress Mauriceville with 3rd at Honor band and looking to move up from an 11th place finish in marching, and Bridge City placing 4th in honor band. There's also Spring Hill who I've heard is performing a very difficult military drill this year, and will almost certainly be a lock. There is Lumberton who made 5A state in 2017 and was moved into this 4A area, Paris trying to return after their first state trip ever, and Pleasant Grove who is almost certainly still an underdog in size, but will be unpredictable as always.

Area B will also be AMAZING, just imagine what Argyle is preparing with intentions to take back their title! I got to hear Canton in person, and let me say, WOW, they are fierce, powerful, and apparently beat North Lamar for the marching caption @ Princeton. Wills Point and Melissa will also be amazing as usual, and Melissa will look to move up after missing state by 1 spot, and with Princeton gone they will definitely do just that. Some much less well known bands such as Community are also on the rise, and you can't forget Farmersville, who's now in 4A after a silver medal finish in 3A.

Last year these areas contributed the top 5 bands in the state, 1st-5th place were all Areas B and C. I expect them to return with 5 state finalists again. (North Lamar, Argyle, Spring Hill, Wills Point, Canton, and perhaps Melissa or a new one from Area C)

These are just the areas I'm familiar with the most, and I'm willing to bet they will contribute some major state finalists this year. As far as suprises though, I havent seen enough bands in person to throw one in the mix, and 4A doesn't get enough online publicity for me to know otherwise.

awe thanks for including community!