TAPPS and Catholic/Private school bands in Texas

• 2 weeks later...

I used to frequent this board often in HS and I recently started a job as a guard instructor at a Catholic school in San Antonio. I was wondering what opinions or comments y’all have about Catholic or private school bands throughout the state? Is anyone in the conversation?

I have not heard hardly anything. I only know about Nolan (Fort Worth) because I was a diocesan seminarian once upon a time. This is largely anecdotal, but probably certain order-run schools with a charism for education (e.g. Marian Catholic, Dominicans) have a better chance than diocesan-run schools to foster a band program, just because band programs are likely to be both costly and low on the priority list from the perspective of diocesan administration.

I hope Abp. Garcia-Siller has taken an interest in the band programs in the schools under his jurisdiction. I only made his acquaintanceship just once and briefly, but he's a very passionate and caring leader.