Disclaimer before I go all in, I realize that this would be a complete logistical impossibility and this is mostly just a fun thing to think about. If it actually becomes realistic, I would love to see this happen.

Me and a friend from Texarkana sorta realized that Texarkana is one of the best spots for a BOA regional. It has the pull of many regular attendees (Bentonville, Lake Hamilton, DFW, Tulsa, etc.), but also shows potential to grow the organization and bring in smaller east Texas powerhouses (like North Lamar, Argyle, Mineola, Queen City, etc.)

If this were to be the 8th Texas regional, they could put it on the 2nd weekend with BOA Austin and then push JSU back to when Atlanta was like they did with Powder Springs because JSU pulls similarly to Atlanta as well. 

Any other thoughts? Any other ideas of who would show up?

That would actually be pretty cool! I think BOA should really consider how it can engage smaller bands. The fact that school like Argyle, North Lamar, and Canton don't participate in BOA DFW kinda signals that either 1) BOA isn't putting an effort into reaching out to these schools or 2) the competitions are too much more expensive than locals. While BOA is different from UIL, the insight from a BOA judge should still be considered invaluable given the natural progression UIL is slowly taking towards BOA friendly shows.

That would actually be pretty cool! I think BOA should really consider how it can engage smaller bands. The fact that school like Argyle, North Lamar, and Canton don't participate in BOA DFW kinda signals that either 1) BOA isn't putting an effort into reaching out to these schools or 2) the competitions are too much more expensive than locals. While BOA is different from UIL, the insight from a BOA judge should still be considered invaluable given the natural progression UIL is slowly taking towards BOA friendly shows.

it would be interesting to see BOA focus on some of those areas that have more 1 and 2A programs - maybe build a regional around that concept

They already have the 4 States Marching Contest at Texarkana, AR  HS the first week of Oct. They have judges from both UIL and ASBOA doing the judging. They draw Bands from TX, AR, LA, and occasionally OK. Your idea is good for a BOA contest, however it has to be more financially reasonable for most of the smaller schools. The current entry fee is hard for AA, AAA, AAAA and some AAAAA Schools to afford.  Also LA and AR schools do not have the budget we have in TX, but it could and should be done. There are a lot of smaller schools who would love the opportunity to do a BOA show with more schools of their own sizes. If you are a school with 700 students, why would you want to compete against the 6A Heavyweights that go to most BOA Events.