Area B 2018

Now with that being said do I think they could win area . Probably not . But I do believe that if they were to get those last movements sounding like the first two and looking like the first two then they could definitely take second or third

When they clean up the last part i think they can get 2nd because their first 2 acts were in great shape

Now with that being said do I think they could win area . Probably not . But I do believe that if they were to get those last movements sounding like the first two and looking like the first two then they could definitely take second or third

Or they could be overtaken by Prosper...or Coppell....or Waxahachie.   (By the way, sleep on Prosper at your own peril)

Who knows?

Their finish at HEB surprised me.  It's still really early so I hesitate to make any judgment based on one contest but the next contest will be important for them.

It made me wonder where they would have fallen if they had gone to BOA Austin which was an deep contest for a BOA Regional....insanely deep and incredibly competitive.

I agree . I almost believe it could be the fact that a lot of the program is freshman and they don’t have them at certain mentality yet. Although I will say the first two movements are breathe taking . Just those last few need work . And I believe that since the results that happened Saturday happened like they did. They are now gonna push even harder to be among the best of the best

This could be said about almost every band.

Regarding Haltom (I haven't seen the show so take this as you will), it's probably an endurance issue. If the end of the show begins to collapse, most of the time it means the band as a whole needs to work on using their energy effectively and push to the end.

I agree . I almost believe it could be the fact that a lot of the program is freshman and they don’t have them at certain mentality yet. Although I will say the first two movements are breathe taking . Just those last few need work . And I believe that since the results that happened Saturday happened like they did. They are now gonna push even harder to be among the best of the best

Haltom also had a drill design issue that contributed to their music phasing problem that will make it harder to overcome. At some point they may need to rework that part of the drill so the kids can really nail the music.

I think the show design this year is much better than last year so I hope this comes together for them.

Or Timber Creek who has already overtaken Coppell at BOA Midland. We'll know more after most of these bands go head to head this weekend at BOA DFW.

Precisely....like I said, HEB was an early contest.  A lot will happen over the next couple of weeks.  I wish Haltom was going to BOA DFW rather than Broken Arrow....that would have been a really good gauge on their progress.

I went to BISD Bandfest and Birdville isn’t bad they just are really small this year Richland sounds good but it’s just kinda meh but musically played and sounded good interesting wise and Haltom put their closer on the field and it sounded really good and the last half was better than it was Saturday.....so BISD is on the right track

I went to BISD Bandfest and Birdville isn’t bad they just are really small this year Richland sounds good but it’s just kinda meh but musically played and sounded good interesting wise and Haltom put their closer on the field and it sounded really good and the last half was better than it was Saturday.....so BISD is on the right track

I agree with all of this . And I can’t wait to see all three bisd school grow . Toward area and for some boa Indy. And boa San Antonio and state. I’m excited for oct 27th the most tho. Especially cause it’s held at the faac this year ( birdville stadium)

Did anyone else catch the KISD marching expo tonight? I thought both Keller and Timber Creek were very strong. Central has a very pretty show as well.

I would also add that while Fossil Ridge is not yet back to their late 1990's - early 2000's form, they are improving. I thought musically they were noticeably stronger tonight than last year.

I have to admit I didn't check to see if Southlake would be at BOA DFW. It was held at their stadium last year so they didn't compete. It moved this year so I assumed they would attend.

I think they are competing at the Tournament of Champions on Oct 6th.  Plano East will be there as well, so we can maybe see them then and get a better idea  of their show.

(and PESH's, I haven't seen theirs yet either).  I am going to try an attend this competition, but I have another one I have to go to earlier in the day to see my son's band play so not sure 

if I will make it or not.  

Nobody says anything about haltom beating Keller. Keller is killer . There program is beautiful and really something special . It’s a guarantee That Keller is gonna make it . The other spots are a 100 percent thing and that’s why we talk about other groups and not Keller cause we all know Keller has it in the bag. They won that area in 2016 as well so I know it’s a for sure thing