Area B 2018

No one is doubting that Haltom did really well last year and seems on track to do well again this year. However, the other bands here also have a history of success that can't be discredited because of a single year's results. With thw exception of Bell in 2014, in the past 3 state competitions, Keller, LD Bell and Coppell have all been successful and placed higher than Haltom (if they even made it). Coppell has made finals every state competition since 2010 (and possibly further back but I couldnt find info from a quick search). Duncanville has also been a consistent finalist, though they fell a bit in recent years. Keller has been a top 12 finisher in all of these years and has done better at state than at BOA SA in each year.

We know that Haltom is good, but it is not unreasonable for people to be predicting consistent success over that of recent return to success. I still have no idea how I think this will turn out except that I think Bell, Coppell, Haltom, and Keller will be top 4 in some order. Then I would put Duncanville, Richland, and Waxahachie in some order probably fighting for the last spot or two.

There’s a video of Duncanville performing a portion of their show out there. They definitely seem more pulled together than last year but it’s still pretty basic. Their guard looks great though and they sound nice.

They sound pretty good but it’s honestly boring and it feels like it’s the same thing over and over now

Seriously...you guys realize this was likely the first public performances for these bands, right? If it sounds "basic" or "boring" in October, there might be a story here but can we hold the criticism for now?

Your right . It just I’m comparing to the leave that CT’s and Hebron are putting out right now and they blow me away for only being September

Seriously...you guys realize this was likely the first public performances for these bands, right?  If it sounds "basic" or "boring" in October, there might be a story here but can we hold the criticism for now? 

between now and October is when a show is polished - a "Boring" or Basic" show concept does not change with polish

Went to the haltom game tonight and it was there homecoming so they did pre show and since it was raining they went inside the bisd Coliseum and played the whole show stand still while the guard spun and when I say they sounded at a level that I’ve never heard that group I mean it. My son graduated two years ago and they have never played at this level musically. I was beyond impressed and will say I’m super excited for them this season.

They use

Movement I - opened

Movement XXI- fourth movement of show

Movement VIII- second movement of show

Movement X- closer

And for there third movement I can’t tell with movement of carmina burana it’s from tbh

But they did play the whole entire show and the girls spun it all except for that last movement

Went to the haltom game tonight and it was there homecoming so they did pre show and since it was raining they went inside the bisd Coliseum and played the whole show stand still while the guard spun and when I say they sounded at a level that I’ve never heard that group I mean it. My son graduated two years ago and they have never played at this level musically. I was beyond impressed and will say I’m super excited for them this season.

Not the right topic but SA finals?

Not the right topic but SA finals?

Without a doubt there is no way they aren’t making state . Music wise I believe they sound at a level I’ve never heard them. My son blown away as well. I haven’t seen them march yet but from what I saw from guard and music last night then yes I believe they will make SA FINALS . Just gotta see them March

Without a doubt there is no way they aren’t making state . Music wise I believe they sound at a level I’ve never heard them. My son blown away as well. I haven’t seen them march yet but from what I saw from guard and music last night then yes I believe they will make SA FINALS . Just gotta see them March

It’s definitely at a level that is incredible. Especially for this early