#21 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:11 PM

Show primary videographer/secondary photographer for the band. I'm supposed to be on the filming deck during our halftime show and would happily visit on the presentation side for Leander's show. I be in touch when I have the logistics nailed down.

Sounds great! I would love that. Can’t wait to see the Hawk Band in action this year!
Each day is a gift. That’s why it’s called “the present.”

#22 PSHSMom

PSHSMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:39 PM

One of the band parents at PESH had posted comments on our internal Facebook page that were from their show "The Bells" back in 2012 (Made by Daniel V and Daniel S).    I had to go look up what the TxBands site was and found it.  

I am probably on it more now than I was back then as I really have no kids left in "the game" at BOA, so I like to hear about all that is going on.   My last child is at a Plano school now (Clark HS), but will feed into 
Plano Senior next year.   But I still try and support the PESH band as well as Plano Senior...   they aren't as competitive, but they are fun :) 

#23 AvonDad

AvonDad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationAvon, Indiana

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:55 PM

POPULAR

I stumbled across this site a few years ago and started reading out of curiosity before GN each year to scope out who was coming.  Really started digging in more early last year due to our upcoming trip and actually got more involved after a little nudge that it was OK to share, even not being from Texas.  We lost the IndianaMarching site and I've been needing my band fix and have now discovered Dan's podcast.  You all have a great site here.  

Band parent alumni of 2 drummers and 1 show choir....finally "seniored out"......marched trumpet back in the "Be Kind, Please Rewind" days.

#24 Danpod

Danpod

Do you danPod?

• Administrators
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:45 PM

I stumbled across this site a few years ago and started reading out of curiosity before GN each year to scope out who was coming. Really started digging in more early last year due to our upcoming trip and actually got more involved after a little nudge that it was OK to share, even not being from Texas. We lost the IndianaMarching site and I've been needing my band fix and have now discovered Dan's podcast. You all have a great site here.

Glad to have you and thanks for listening!!!

Danpod Valdres - Moderator at Txbands.com

#25 whitewing09

whitewing09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:04 AM

ahh I've been on this site for around 12 years.. I found this when I was a freshman in high school. I got watching the Reagan vids of the early years and listening to the shows from 04 like Bell, CP, Bowie, etc. 

This site turned me into a hard core band nerd.

#26 BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:35 AM

I think I was searching for videos of my high school band freshmen year (2013), but had no luck so I looked for anything on Google, and found this place. My entire high school career I spent maybe 100s of hours on this site. I would look into what schools were going to my competitions, watch their shows to get an idea how we stood against them, even find out what schools were in my Area when it was realigned BEFORE the entire list was posted anywhere. I was the biggest marching band nerd lol

#27 Xenon

Xenon

LUNCH!!!

• Administrators
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:16 AM

I was unofficially doing reviews and posting them on the BOA Forums wayyyy back in the day, and then I heard that two kids from Cedar Park made this website.

#28 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:12 AM

I was unofficially doing reviews and posting them on the BOA Forums wayyyy back in the day, and then I heard that two kids from Cedar Park made this website.

Idk why, but this totally reminded me of that hilarious “This Is Cedar Park” YouTube video those students made.

#29 takigan

takigan

ユーフォ?

• Administrators
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationCypress, Tx

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:34 AM

That video's almost 10 years old now....feel old yet?

Brandon Quam - TxB Staff Writer

#30 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:59 AM

That video's almost 10 years old now....feel old yet?

Oh I’ve been feeling old for awhile now. 😁

#31 Danpod

Danpod

Do you danPod?

• Administrators
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:02 AM

I used to do tons of reviews/rants on the BOA Forums during my High School days.  I heard about this place a little over 10 years ago and immediately tried to get the high score in Tetris (Fact: We once had an Arcade section on this website with Tetris, Brick Breaker, etc...).  I was asked to be an Admin on here to help keep trash talkers in line.  Those people were sent to The Sacrificing Pit and were never heard from again.  Weird, right?    

Danpod Valdres - Moderator at Txbands.com

#32 FEDude

FEDude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM

Found this place in 2013. Told myself I'd never join. Well I don't have a serious job right now and I'm taking a break from school so I have nothing else to take my time.

I went to Taft (technically Commarts) and played front ensemble 2013-2016.
I do love Taft's band, but I do my best not to be biased toward them.

#33 josephbandfan

josephbandfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationKeller, Tx

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:57 AM

I used to do tons of reviews/rants on the BOA Forums during my High School days.  I heard about this place a little over 10 years ago and immediately tried to get the high score in Tetris (Fact: We once had an Arcade section on this website with Tetris, Brick Breaker, etc...).  I was asked to be an Admin on here to help keep trash talkers in line.  Those people were sent to The Sacrificing Pit and were never heard from again.  Weird, right?    

What! Can we bring the arcade back

#34 BanderThanYou

BanderThanYou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:40 PM

I officially made an account today, but I've been 'lurking' on txbands for about a year, starting around San Antonio Super Regionals last year. I always loved how everyone from current band kids, graduates, and parents came together and talked about everything and anything relating to band here. I'm excited to finally have an account and join in.

#35 FerrisHalliwell

FerrisHalliwell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationLiberty-Eylau HS

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:18 AM

Well... last year I was looking for ANY information about Liberty-Eylau's performances and videos and it lead me here. I ended up finding very little, but now I at least have a place to talk about it haha

#36 FloMoParent

FloMoParent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationFlower Mound, TX

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:36 PM

I don't know if I posted, but I found this site after a fellow band parent showed me the TXBands live blog.  I wanted more info and found the forums.  That had to be around 2011-12 ish

We ARE Flower Mound!
#FloMoBringTheMoJo

#37 Bandmomx4

Bandmomx4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:58 PM

Found this site in our first year experiencing TX bands- 2016, and lurked through the last two years- and decided to finally jump in and make an account earlier this year after traveling with the band to Indy last year.  I'm still trying to learn the in's and out's of scoring.  It's my 6th year of having a child in marching band... 3 years in OK and now this is our 3rd year in TX, with another 4 years to go.  Maybe by the time our youngest is a senior I'll feel like I can make comments more educated than- that was amazing!   :D

#38 principalagent

principalagent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:16 PM

I've been on here about 10 or so years at this point. 

Also would like to bring the arcade back STAT.

#39 LeanderMomma

LeanderMomma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, TX

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:14 AM

I've been on here about 10 or so years at this point.

Also would like to bring the arcade back STAT.

old man. 😜

#40 lostbandmom42

lostbandmom42

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:09 AM

I did a google search for a Texas band parent forum,as I'm LOST in the sauce, but trying to learn more about how things work with band in Texas, as sometimes I just don't understand how things work. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users