2018 BOA Texas Season - who is performing where

2 BOA contests only: Conroe and San Antonio (plus UIL, of course). No out of state travel in 2018 for marching band.

I didn't think so or you would certainly have told us. ;)

Is this person a possible troll or simply terribly misinformed? They only just created an account today.

I'm excited to see Prosper at Indy again. I had never heard much of them until last year and I LOVED their show! Great individual musicianship and tons of demand on the move handled very well. They seem to be on an exponential growth track in both size of school and quality of performance. If they continue this rate of improvement, I think it's quite possible for them to make finals. All the tools appear to be in the box.

I didn't think so or you would certainly have told us. ;)

Is this person a possible troll or simply terribly misinformed? They only just created an account today.

I don't know. I am reminded of some posters last season that were a little bombastic in their appreciation for their band prior to GN.

We have our schedule for camps, summer band, and contests, so all the parents should be reasonably informed for 2018.

My kiddo was a bit bummed last week when I found out no Texas bands were scheduled to be at GN this year.  They all made a few friends last year at San Antonio and was looking forward to competing with them again, especially Flower Mound after having dinner with them. I had to explain the every other year state thing that Tx does with your UIL.   I did see they are up to 2 Texas bands coming to the Indy regional this year and will be looking forward to seeing them and learning more about them this summer on here.  

My kiddo was a bit bummed last week when I found out no Texas bands were scheduled to be at GN this year. They all made a few friends last year at San Antonio and was looking forward to competing with them again, especially Flower Mound after having dinner with them. I had to explain the every other year state thing that Tx does with your UIL. I did see they are up to 2 Texas bands coming to the Indy regional this year and will be looking forward to seeing them and learning more about them this summer on here.

Is he going to be a Senior this fall?

I’m glad you are still hanging around the forums. We would miss you guys if y’all disappeared.

Texas will be back in 2019 with a vengeance. ;)

Richland High School from N. Richland Hills, TX is one of the bands attending Indy super regionals. We expect to be in finals, they have been on the rise the last three years after having a lot of success they had a couple of down years with one of those being a trip to Indy in which we did not make finals.

Is he going to be a Senior this fall?

I’m glad you are still hanging around the forums. We would miss you guys if y’all disappeared.

Texas will be back in 2019 with a vengeance. ;)

Yep, senior year. I have been "lurking" on these forums for a few years before actually interacting and have learned a lot about the Texas bands.  Looking forward to following them again this year as I would love to return to SA in 2019 just to watch and enjoy.  Will be checking out Richland and wishing them well at the Indy Super as I think we practiced at one of their stadiums (Birdland) while there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...