Songs you love to see in a program

Does anyone here follow Chase Holfelder on YouTube? He is a musical genius with the minor key. I think Leander could do a great job doing something similar with popular music and turning it a bit darker like Chase does.

This made me realize I need to here a band do Until the Ribbon Breaks’s version of One Way or Another on the field. Not sure how a group would pull that off, though

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably much better suited for stand music during a football game (like Led Zeppelin's Kashmir) but I've always wanted to see what somebody really good could do with Queen's Dragon Attack.

Well, Cedar Ridge is doing Kashmir this year if you didn't already know haha

Just had to do it...... Avon had Kashmir in their 2010 show intermixed with Beethoven's Fifth.  We had recently moved into Avon and could hear it from a couple of miles away during practice.  Loved that show.

• 7 months later...

Ohhhh I have found the absolute best idea for a new show! The colorguard will be dressed as ducks and the music will be centered around this...

Does Taylor HS in Texas have a band? They are the Taylor Ducks. They’d be perfect.

I’ve been running an outdoor camp for 4 to 7 year olds all week. I’m a little delirious.

Heat stroke is a real thing.  I'm now worried about you.

I want to see a HS band try “Elsa’s Procession to the cathedral” on the field. Phantom Regiment knocked everyone’s socks off with that song in their 2011 closer and I think a HS band could achieve incredible things with this piece as well.

Mansfield Legacy 2011 and Dobyns-Bennett 2016 off the top of my head. There’s at least one or two others of note but they escape me right now.

For "modern pop" music I would love to see someone do:

INSX "KIck"
Oingo Boingo "Insanity" as a percussion feature

More classical pieces:
Rimsky-Korsakov "Procession of the Nobles"   I know the Cadets did this in the early 2010s but nobody else has to my knowledge
Strauss "Weiner Philharmoniker Fanfare"

I was just thinking there are two specific schools I REAAAAALLLLYYYY want to hear this song from, and I want them to make it happen immediately. I want Leander and TWHS to play Hymn of Axiom SOOOO BADLY. My god that would be so amazing.

The reason I chose them is because they both have a distinct sound and design interpretation that I think would be perfect for this song.

The Woodlands does have a history of pop ballads, so it wouldn’t be that much of a stretch.

If I’m not mistaken, both the Bluecoats and Woodlands share the same show designer - Jon Vanderkolff. I haven’t seen too much crossover in what he does between both (source wise), but I have noticed it once or twice.... a snippet Woodlands’ 2011 show, “Uninvited” is actually in 2016 Downside Up. First hit in TW 2011 following the huge pit break is somewhere in the first half of Bloo 2016... I’ll have to find it.

Is this when I admit I have a problem?

I would really love seeing Seal Lullaby by Eric Whitacre being utilized more. Richland performed it EXCEPTIONALLY well in 2011, but this is the only notable performance of it I have seen.

I was just thinking there are two specific schools I REAAAAALLLLYYYY want to hear this song from, and I want them to make it happen immediately. I want Leander and TWHS to play Hymn of Axiom SOOOO BADLY. My god that would be so amazing.

The reason I chose them is because they both have a distinct sound and design interpretation that I think would be perfect for this song.

lol I like the way you think.