Songs you love to see in a program

So my son's band is playing music from Pans Labyrinth which I was not familiar with.   Quite a beautiful but haunting music.   Has anyone heard that in a show before?   He is currently in one 

of the Non-Varsity bands in Plano (a grade 9/10 school).   

LD Bell used music from Pan's Labyrinth in their 2007 show

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This Cruel Moon/Wine-Dark Sea Mvt II by John Mackey I think would make an absolutely stunning ballad, it's the neglected movement of Wine-Dark Sea.

Surprised no one has explicitly expressed agreement with this post until now. This would be goosebump-inducing if done right.

Also, mvmt 3 from this same piece would be really interesting to put on the field as well.

Surprised no one has explicitly expressed agreement with this post until now. This would be goosebump-inducing if done right.

Also, mvmt 3 from this same piece would be really interesting to put on the field as well.

You see the 1st and 3rd movements pretty often, my favorite of the 3rd movement has to be Castle 2017

Several months ago, I suggested Abel Korzeniowski's music. I was watching the opening scene to Nocturnal Animals and joked that the naked "flag feature" would inspire Wes Cartwright. The music was very dramatic and a little bit "twinkly", which generally translates well to the field. I'm eager to see how Korzeniowski's Romeo and Juliet music works out for Leander this year. Lots of other ballad-like pieces to choose from, btw!

Speaking of movies, I liked the two Sufjan Stevens songs from Call Me By Your Name last year, but a person arranging them for marching band would probably have to write in a real climax. Visions of Gideon is probably the more field-ready of the two. I know exactly how I'd portray it visually. Gets me all excited, even though I'm no longer really part of the activity.

Lord, that sound track was fire.

I'd also love to see Hallelujah Junction on the field.. somehow. I think it could fit with something like Vista Ridge's show this year (also, if anyone has a private video of that.. PM me plz).

• 5 weeks later...

I would love to see Son Lux and Ojos de Brujo be played on the field more. Any time those groups are used it’s always so cool.

Also, anything by Paul Lovatt-Cooper works greatly on the field.

Keller used Ojos de Brujo in their 2017 show and is using a piece by Lovatt-Cooper this year. I know Hebron has also used Lovatt-Cooper before too