Too Close to Home...

Jesus every time I look at the news they seem to be getting closer and closer, worse and worse. I'm not saying we need to impeach on our 2nd amendment right, but this stuff needs to stop. You would never hear of things like this 40 years ago, and laws were much more loose. What the heck? Read for yourself, but be advised, it's sickening.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/us/school-shooting-santa-fe-texas.amp.html

I agree. These shootings need to stop. They are awful and disgusting and threaten students with beautiful futures. This is a very sensitive topic, and I'm not going to say how we should approach the issue because I don't want this forum to be a platform that separates people, but I think everyone should evaluate the intentions of people advocating for whatever side they support and make a decision based on what they think is best for the students AND themselves. The important thing is to have a mind of your own so you can explain why you support the opinion that you do. If we could all do that, I think people would be more willing to hear the opposing argument and understand why they think the way that they do and can respect the opposing position, and honestly, this applies to pretty much every controversial opinion in life. If you truly care about the topic, research the facts, sift through all the hot propaganda, and make an opinion that is truly yours and be able to both back it up and be open to criticism, because criticism from other like-refined perspectives is what always gives way to the best possible result.